www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:26 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:43 pm 

The problem with the slipping clutch has been solved in the meanwhile. I ordered new springs and one new friction discs as one got stripped of before when installing a new set of friction discs and steel discs. Due to the broken circlip. When I arrived in Lima there where no new springs, but there was another DR650 in storage at the Suzuki dealer. The owner allowed me to take his as I payed for new ones for his DR. If you look at the picture below you can see a big difference in the old ones (left) and the ones from the other DR. I reckon that the 'new' ones aren't stock as the diameter of the spring thread is thicker and is over 40mm in length.

I've replaced the inner basket and clutch cab as well as these were worn out. 700km off-road later the clutch works perfectly :biggrin:

Suzuki DR650 SE - 2000 - CB Lynx R fairing - Safari Tank - Gixxer 40F can - Keihin FCR-MX 39
Aprilia RSV Mille - 1999 - Motomagic single seat - Bos straight pipes - Fluo red rims

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9