www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:09 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please post a concise description of the product in the subject line so other members will have an easier time locating the info they seek. No Hijacking or off topic discussions will be allowed to keep the info short and to the point. All opinions are welcome from members having experience with the subject line product.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:44 pm 
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Location: Moved out of Chicago Suburbs in Aug of 2016 to Columbus Ohio. Yay!!
Here is my dilemma; I just upgraded my DR to another DR. (Don't ask) So... On the bike I just sold, I had the Parabellum Windshield (PW).

The PW was incredible! Great quality, sturdy, blocked the wind... nearly perfect. I had it for about 5 years and I can't say enough great things about it! It's top shelf!

The downsides of the PW, for me, was the adjust-ability, there isn't any; However, removing it is quick and easy, 4 screws and your done, takes about 5 min.

With Oxford Heated Grips it was comfortable up to about 70ish degrees then I was looking for more air flow. Riding in full gear with temps upward of 80, I found myself standing up sometimes and or removing it entirely and stowing it behind me on my seat. Off road, no question, no dispute, it MUST be removed for safety reasons.

I'm seriously looking at the Madstad Windshield (MW) because of the adjust-ability along with the ability to be flipped for off road riding which takes it virtually out of the way completely. Could you, tellyzdr, post a few more pictures of the mounting for the MW please? If you could too, please elaborate if you know about installing a "crossbar" for added stability of the MW? What's your experience at say 55 to 75MPH with the MW too?

After looking at some of these threads about the air coming through below the MW, just above the standard DR cowling, I'm becoming concerned I'll be less inclined to ride on those mornings when temps are starting at 45 degrees or so. (Call me a baby, I don't mind. I don't like the cold, I don't like it Sam I Am!!)

I've also read where others say about the "flimsy" mount of the MW. Realizing nothing is perfect (except the DR itself) I'm hoping to spur more input here for various windshield option that have the adjustable and stow feature of the MW.

Attachments:
DR_Parabellum.jpg
DR_Parabellum.jpg [ 994.57 KiB | Viewed 139 times ]