www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:24 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:49 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Well, I have the AMP filter cover as shown in your picture, and I had no problems installing it or living with it....

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. :pardon:

2010 Black DR650 - Raptor Petcock...MSR skid plate...Stock chain-roller removed/"Seat Concepts" seat kit/Lower ball-bearing roller/AMP case armor/Pro-Moto rack/Twin Air filter/520 conversion/TM40 pumper carb/8.3 Rear spring/ProCycle Case saver/WARP 9 bar-risers/IMS 4.9 gal Tank/Homemade Chainguard topic15058.html NSU Fix topic14597.html NSU Fix re-visited topic14828.html
DR_Rider blog: https://dr650rider.blogspot.ca/

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:14 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

LA Thumper wrote:
No, you don't understand. This is a protective plate that went over the factory oil filter cover. It is a thick CNC billet machining round plate that does not conform to the contour of the factory oil filter cover with a rather hoaky fit, poorly designed which actually make it more vulnerable with greater exposure getting hit in a crash.

I would be more then willing to sell it to either one of you for much cheaper then you could buy it for and it's never been used. $20 and it's yours :biggrin:

Yeah, the oil filter cover is a bit of a gimmick. I'm sure the manufacturer sells quite a few though. The case guards, on the other hand, are useful. I have them for both sides (clutch and stator).

oddflow wrote:
Great board!!! I can say my two biggest regrets are the peg lowering kit and the supertrapp ids2. Both are good quality products but just didn't work out as expected.

On the flip side, one farkle that I thought I would regret but have loved them are PM Rack's side racks. Great price, good people and a lifetime warranty. And they look great! :BevButt:

http://www.pmracks.com/products.php?b=Suzuki&sc=DR650]

+1 on the PM Racks! :2_thumbsup:

Depending on the type of side bags you have, they can work very well. They also look great and help prevent damage to your side plastics during falls!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:03 pm 

First time posting here. So far the biggest waste of money is the procycle jet kit. The jet it itself is good, it is the extended fuel/air mixture screw that is blah. It broke in my stock carb from hand tightening it and couldn't get the pointy end out of my carb, rendering my carb useless. After that I got the pumper carb and it's all good. Not ripping on procycle because they have great stuff, the pumper carb is from them as well. Still have the complete set of the jet kit if anyone is interested, it's in the classify section. Otherwise everything is good, got the 5.3g Acerbis tank, seat concept foam kit, much more comfortable than stock but still hurts a bit, but probably need to break it in more and progrip 714 grips are great replacement for the stock crappy grips that came with the bike. Bajaworx windscreen is great to get the wind off my chest but it does affect handling a bit with high winds.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:28 am 
Member Servant
Member Servant

ns3v3n wrote:
First time posting here. So far the biggest waste of money is the procycle jet kit. The jet it itself is good, it is the extended fuel/air mixture screw that is blah. It broke in my stock carb from hand tightening it and couldn't get the pointy end out of my carb, rendering my carb useless. After that I got the pumper carb and it's all good. Not ripping on procycle because they have great stuff, the pumper carb is from them as well. Still have the complete set of the jet kit if anyone is interested, it's in the classify section. Otherwise everything is good, got the 5.3g Acerbis tank, seat concept foam kit, much more comfortable than stock but still hurts a bit, but probably need to break it in more and progrip 714 grips are great replacement for the stock crappy grips that came with the bike. Bajaworx windscreen is great to get the wind off my chest but it does affect handling a bit with high winds.

That is totally amazing that a brass pilot screw could break off from hand tightening.... aluminum far more likely and even then being that it is not a "fastener" lightly seating the screw shouldn't ever cause it to break. :sorry:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:15 am 
MSF Student
MSF Student

The two mods I regret on my previous '05 DR were a clipped spring & drilled slide on the BST40, & really didn't notice any difference...they were both forum-hyped beyond any real practicality. It also had a K&N air filter I've since learned passes too many particulates for a healthy carb & motor...neither were worth it, imho.

'14 DR650, FMF PC4, 6F19 needle @4th pos, Idle screw @2.25 turns out, Stock 140 MJ 42.5 PJ, Stock air filters, deleted snorkel & smog, 1-5/8" pvc fork spacers, +6 preload turns @ rear shock: 3.25" race sag, Tusk 'KTM' fatbars, TT Endurance II.

Delete: chain roller, chain guard/tabs, horn, blinkers, mirrors, grab bars, clutch/kickstand switches, rear fender, pass. pegs, stock muffler, speedo/cable. To do: lower roller, JNS pegs, 2" wider seat, S/S brakes, FCR39, LED headlight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:53 am 
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

mxrob wrote:
ns3v3n wrote:

That is totally amazing that a brass pilot screw could break off from hand tightening.... aluminum far more likely and even then being that it is not a "fastener" lightly seating the screw shouldn't ever cause it to break. :sorry:

You should never hand tighten the idle mixture screw in the first place. IF YOU DO YOU WILL DAMAGE THE SEAT IN THE CARB. The best rule is to very gently turn the screw in until it stops then back it out the required turns.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:04 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Words to live by: Lightly Seated...

2 nuts, 2 wheels, 2 beers...
OK, so what's the speed of dark?
You gotta have SACS to ride a DR!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:40 am 
Member Servant
Member Servant

Sandcrabdave wrote:
Words to live by: Lightly Seated...

:2_thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:16 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

For me i took a IMS 5 gallon tank in as a parts trade. I hate the color (black) and even more so the design. It's downright ugly. As soon as I find a buyer I'm going back to the stock tank and carrying a roto-pack 1 gallon jug.

I do have a Acerbis 5.3 in natural on the other DR and I like it about 7,000,000,000,000 times better. The design is more astetically pleasing and being able to see the fuel level is a super nice feature.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28