www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:37 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:11 am 

Nothing against Moose Racing but DO NOT buy the Moose Racing Easy Clutch. I bought one for my overly stiff clutch and it did nothing to ease the clutch pull. Wasted money. What helped was a new clutch cable and to have the clutch adjusted by a professional. He also recommended going back to the original four finger clutch lever that the PO had removed.

P.S. This is one of the most valuable topics I think I've ever read. Thank you for having it. I'm sure a lot of us are saving money by learning what not to buy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:02 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

LA Thumper wrote:
The bike even came with one of those billet oil filter cover which the owner had the sense not to install. The underside is flat while the Suzuki cover is curved .......... real smart!

Can you help me out...how is this a bad thing?

Not being a dork...sometimes the obvious eludes me.

2010 Black DR650 - Raptor Petcock...MSR skid plate...Stock chain-roller removed/"Seat Concepts" seat kit/Lower ball-bearing roller/AMP case armor/Pro-Moto rack/Twin Air filter/520 conversion/TM40 pumper carb/8.3 Rear spring/ProCycle Case saver/WARP 9 bar-risers/IMS 4.9 gal Tank/Homemade Chainguard topic15058.html NSU Fix topic14597.html NSU Fix re-visited topic14828.html
DR_Rider blog: https://dr650rider.blogspot.ca/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:20 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

DR_Rider wrote:
LA Thumper wrote:
The bike even came with one of those billet oil filter cover which the owner had the sense not to install. The underside is flat while the Suzuki cover is curved .......... real smart!

Yes I too would be interested in knowing how it was concluded this is a detrimental feature. As long as the filter spring can compress and the filter can go into bypass this should be non-issue.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:25 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

I mounted my case armor over top of the Suzuki oil filter cover...as per the instructions that came with it!

2010 Black DR650 - Raptor Petcock...MSR skid plate...Stock chain-roller removed/"Seat Concepts" seat kit/Lower ball-bearing roller/AMP case armor/Pro-Moto rack/Twin Air filter/520 conversion/TM40 pumper carb/8.3 Rear spring/ProCycle Case saver/WARP 9 bar-risers/IMS 4.9 gal Tank/Homemade Chainguard topic15058.html NSU Fix topic14597.html NSU Fix re-visited topic14828.html
DR_Rider blog: https://dr650rider.blogspot.ca/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:17 am 

Great board!!! I can say my two biggest regrets are the peg lowering kit and the supertrapp ids2. Both are good quality products but just didn't work out as expected.

On the flip side, one farkle that I thought I would regret but have loved them are PM Rack's side racks. Great price, good people and a lifetime warranty. And they look great! :BevButt:

http://www.pmracks.com/products.php?b=Suzuki&sc=DR650

Attachment:
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg [ 171.22 KiB | Viewed 264 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:21 pm 
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

oddflow, just wondering about your peg-lowering remorse. For me and others to learn from your experience, can you explain a bit more-- how tall are you, what bars are you using, how much lowering did you do, and what aspect of the end result are you not happy with?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:51 pm 

fratercula wrote:
oddflow, just wondering about your peg-lowering remorse. For me and others to learn from your experience, can you explain a bit more-- how tall are you, what bars are you using, how much lowering did you do, and what aspect of the end result are you not happy with?

So i am 5'10" and the kit that I got lowered the pegs as well as moved them to the rear. I was running both the stock bars then a set of protapers (can't remember which bend). I think the main thing that I disliked was the rearward movement. In the near future I will try a a set from JNS that will just lower. I hope this helps and below is a picture of the setup I had.

Attachment:
IMG_0082.JPG
IMG_0082.JPG [ 133.21 KiB | Viewed 206 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:44 pm 
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

thanks odd! thats helpful. Peg-lowering and rear-ward moving is a funny deal, you can try to imagine how a new setup will be but to actually do it requires kind of a big investment in money and time... so it is great to hear about other peoples experience. I'm 6' and debated about options for awhile; now have a low/rear set from Wirtz Wire sitting on my workbench waiting to install...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:40 am 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

oddflow wrote:
fratercula wrote:

So i am 5'10" and the kit that I got lowered the pegs as well as moved them to the rear. I was running both the stock bars then a set of protapers (can't remember which bend). I think the main thing that I disliked was the rearward movement. In the near future I will try a a set from JNS that will just lower. I hope this helps and below is a picture of the setup I had.

Attachment:
IMG_0082.JPG

Those brackets not only lower your pegs, they lower your ground clearance. They should be melted down and reused for a better purpose

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:44 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

PerazziMx14 wrote:
DR_Rider wrote:
LA Thumper wrote:

Yes I too would be interested in knowing how it was concluded this is a detrimental feature. As long as the filter spring can compress and the filter can go into bypass this should be non-issue.

No, you don't understand. This is a protective plate that went over the factory oil filter cover. It is a thick CNC billet machining round plate that does not conform to the contour of the factory oil filter cover with a rather hoaky fit, poorly designed which actually make it more vulnerable with greater exposure getting hit in a crash.

I would be more then willing to sell it to either one of you for much cheaper then you could buy it for and it's never been used. $20 and it's yours :biggrin:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next