www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:29 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:19 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

It is a good thread to be aware of what actual users think of a product we have paid for...
Instead of being paid to use.
Although if anyone wanted to pay me to use their product I'm sure I would be able to find some good in it :biggrin:
So far I haven't been disappointed with what I have bought.
So far... :Roost:

Ordeal and Adventure

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:19 am 
Member Servant
Member Servant

JagLite wrote:
It is a good thread to be aware of what actual users think of a product we have paid for...
Instead of being paid to use.
Although if anyone wanted to pay me to use their product I'm sure I would be able to find some good in it :biggrin:
So far I haven't been disappointed with what I have bought.
So far... :Roost:

I'd guess the number of DRRiders members being paid to use products to be right around squat diddly, nada, zero and possibly zilch. :rofl:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:32 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

And I'd guess you are right. :2_thumbsup:
Unfortunately.... :cry:
How come we don't get the product endorsement big bucks? :s_dunno
At least ProCycle supports us with stickers to cover the owies on our bikes. :s_cool

Ordeal and Adventure

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:02 pm 
Member Servant
Member Servant

JagLite wrote:
And I'd guess you are right. :2_thumbsup:
Unfortunately.... :cry:
How come we don't get the product endorsement big bucks? :s_dunno
At least ProCycle supports us with stickers to cover the owies on our bikes. :s_cool

Sticker bling... yes, good for tool boxes and work bench overhead cabinets. I don't generally put stickers on my machines because I'm worried about the weight and the aerodynamic inefficiencies that they create. :rofl:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:51 am 

so far I've wasted money on,

VSM pannier racks - (although I purchased the bike with these already installed, 'pannier racks' were a selling point to me)
Very light duty racks as it turns out. first 20k's off road with loaded panniers snapped the left rear mounting tab off the frame.
although they look the part, structurally they are very flimsy, only mounted with 2 bolts at the top and flex way to much with even small loads.
Just purchased some Barrett racks that will defiantly outlast the bike.

BST jet kit - My expensively kitted out BST is now sitting in a box in my garage after fitting a HSR42.

White IMS 19L Tank- (again was a selling point when I purchased the bike)
Turned yellow 3 months after owning the bike. purchased a safari tank to replace.

Front screen - selling point that came with the bike and will soon be replaced with a Jebtech rally fairing.

lesson learnt... don't think that you will save money buying a bike that is already kitted out, chances are you replace most of the accessories with ones more suited to your personal preferences.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:22 am 
MSF Student
MSF Student

GISdood wrote:
Carb-mounted choke, but only by short-sightedness. :dunno: My stock choke cable seized so I replaced it with the carb-mount option, then proceeded to buy the IMS tank, which makes the carb-mounted choke knob difficult to get at, but not impossible.

Why would you install a carb mounted choke? Making room on handlebars?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:13 am 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Paco_Rabanne wrote:
GISdood wrote:
Carb-mounted choke, but only by short-sightedness. :dunno: My stock choke cable seized so I replaced it with the carb-mount option, then proceeded to buy the IMS tank, which makes the carb-mounted choke knob difficult to get at, but not impossible.

I reckon the below remote choke cable kit (coupled with a billet fitting replacement while you're at it) is the best option if wanting to relocate the choke for various reasons. Still very easy to access while on the bike and should never run into the water ingress issues of the stock choke (unless you were to take an extended stay in a creek / river crossing I guess? ;) )

https://adventurebikeaustralia.com.au/p ... cable-kit/

https://adventurebikeaustralia.com.au/p ... e-fitting/

Thought there was the same product on the ProCycle site but couldn't find it, above is one of the Aussie suppliers.

- Craig

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:25 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Paco_Rabanne wrote:

I don't really understand either. The slight possibility of the choke getting stuck is worth the convenience of being able to turn the choke on or off easily while riding. Same with the OEM vacuum operated petcock.

I'm sure if the bar-mounted choke adjustment was an aftermarket accessory, we would all be raving about it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:14 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Picard wrote:
Paco_Rabanne wrote:

I don't really understand either. The slight possibility of the choke getting stuck is worth the convenience of being able to turn the choke on or off easily while riding. Same with the OEM vacuum operated petcock.

I'm sure if the bar-mounted choke adjustment was an aftermarket accessory, we would all be raving about it.

I wouldn't go the carb mounted one either for easy access while on the bike as you say which is why I got the stator cover mounted one instead. The main reason people replace the stock choke is because of reading about water ingress into the stock on, seizing up your choke or possibly even allowing moisture / water into the carbie by ways of the choke, seizing the slide pin itself in the carbie body (or so I understand the matter).

Going a carbie mounted or some other relocated choke location is probably then just down to personal preference, theory or circumstances as to when they even need to use the choke (or may hardly ever use it).

- Craig

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:27 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

My bike had an Acerbis plastic bottom plate made to resemble a skid plate when I got the bike. The bottom looks like it provides adequate protection but "zero" protection for the side covers. Replaced it with a JNS skid plate, much better.

The bike even came with one of those billet oil filter cover which the owner had the sense not to install. The underside is flat while the Suzuki cover is curved .......... real smart!

I guess I inherited all my bad farkles.

My bike is pretty heavily modified and I'm happy with everything on the bike so far.

Last edited by LA Thumper on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next