Note! Please limit image size to 800x800 (800x600 landscape, 600x800 portrait) when posting images "inline". New window links can be posted for any size image. Images can be resized on your photo hosting site before linking them inline on the DRRiders web site.
Here is how you link to pictures and videos that are on other sites like photobucket or youtube.Linking Photos
1. Upload your picture to a site like http://imageshack.us/
or any other free photo hosting site.
2. Get the address to the picture that you want to show. (Example: http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4050/pict0002pq.jpg
3. When posting a comment put the cursor where you want the picture and click the "Img" button above.
It will place something like this on the page. [ img ][ /img ] (Note: I put extra spaces in there so that it would show the code instead of trying to put a picture in there.
4. Place that url for your picture between the inside square brackets. ]right here[
Example: [ img ]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4050/pict0002pq.jpg[ /img ]
(Note: again spaces are there just so you can see the code.
Be sure to include the: http://Linking Videos
You do the same thing for a video but use the "video" button above.
So if you find a cool video on youtube or have one out there that you want to share do the following (again I have spaces in this so that you can see the code instead of the video)
[ video ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyxlNucKxnA[ /video ]Uploading Photos
If the linking of pictures is not convenient for you. You also can upload them.
1. Scroll down to below where you type in your post to the tabs and select the Upload attachment
2. Click the Choose File
3. Select the file off of your hard drive.
4. You are then given a an option to add a comment to display under the photo. Then click the Add File
5. After step 4 if you click the Submit
button then your picture will be at the end of your post. But if you want to put your picture in the middle of you post, first put the cursor in your post where you want the picture to appear.
6. Now click the Place Inline
button to put the photo where you had your cursor.
7. If you look back at your text you will now see something like this.
8. Now click the Preview
button and your post will look something like this if you did inline. Picture will be at the end if you didn't do the inline.