www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:48 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:29 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

check your routing.. I saw this on motorcyclist online forum, for safety's sake I thought it was worth posting
http://blogs.motorcyclistonline.com/mai ... z2MOcZtUFQ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:30 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Can you just run it to the outside of the fork leg to avoid this issue? I haven't done this upgrade (yet), so not sure how changing the routing effects anything.

Thanks for posting that link. :clapping:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:47 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Go Irish75 wrote:
Can you just run it to the outside of the fork leg to avoid this issue? I haven't done this upgrade (yet), so not sure how changing the routing effects anything.

Thanks for posting that link. :clapping:

Yes, you can run it on the outside of the fork leg. :old:
The downside is that if you ride offroad, a branch or something is more likely to snag it.
I route mine down the back of the fork and secure it with zipties.

Ordeal and Adventure

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:06 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Happened to me as well. Mine looked much much worse then that though. Glad I caught it before something bad happened. Lucky to be alive really. I've come to find that few things just work like they are supposed to regarding farkles. Seems like there's always just a little tweaking that needs to be done.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:19 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

The problem on mine seemed to be where the lower clamp is. The section of the line that fits in the clamp is too large, so i just put a single layer of shrink tube around the smaller diameter section and it snugged right up and won't slide now. Confusing, but I can't take a picture because my camera done blowed up :bomb:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:18 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Tiger100 wrote:
The problem on mine seemed to be where the lower clamp is. The section of the line that fits in the clamp is too large, so i just put a single layer of shrink tube around the smaller diameter section and it snugged right up and won't slide now. Confusing, but I can't take a picture because my camera done blowed up :bomb:

I understand what you are saying (scary right?) and I checked mine and found the same issue. For now I put a tie wrap above the clamp so the brake line can't slide down and I don't have any damage on the brake line yet. I would have to remove the brake line to add some heat shrink which comes with some bleeding, etc :cry: beats faceplanting though :sarcastic: I will keep an eye on it. I have the Galfer brand brake line if anyone is interested...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:09 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Tiger100 wrote:

I understand what you are saying (scary right?) and I checked mine and found the same issue. For now I put a tie wrap above the clamp so the brake line can't slide down and I don't have any damage on the brake line yet. I would have to remove the brake line to add some heat shrink which comes with some bleeding, etc :cry: beats faceplanting though :sarcastic: I will keep an eye on it. I have the Galfer brand brake line if anyone is interested...

I found out about the problem after I installed the line, so I just split a short piece of large heat shrink tubing and used it to build out the plastic part of the line. When I take the line off I'll replace it and shrink it on. Until then it's just the right thickness to allow the clamp to grip.

Yeah, and that is pretty scary.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:40 am 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

I was never happier to replace a farkle with the stock piece after that. Good idea on the rubber tubing. If I work up the balls to try a braided line again I'll try that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:35 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

It is extremely easy to fix this potential problem by using tubing or heat shrink. Or you can put the proper size clamp on the fork too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:38 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

It is extremely easy to fix this potential problem by using tubing or heat shrink. Or you can put the proper size clamp on the fork too.

+1 thats what I've done with mine no issues what so ever.