www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:04 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 59  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:19 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

In the spirit of the popular "What did you do to your dual sport" thread, we offer you a place to drop in your daily adventures, commutes, trail rides, quick run to the store, or any riding at all you wanted to share but didn't think it was worthy of an entire Adventure Addicts thread. Pics and videos always encouraged. (yes, even cell phone pics. Its what you got with ya at the time right?)

No ride is too small for this thread. So let's see "Where you rode today"!
:good:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:48 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Went to the YMCA. It hasn't rained in six weeks but was coming down good when I came out. It felt so good....Tomorrow going to Yankee Springs and riding the back roads. Its beautiful there in the summer, lots of trees and lakes. Wanta go Rob?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:56 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Rained like a Banchee on and off all day . :s_cry :s_cry :s_cry
Rode it across the porch . Wasn't really photo worthy .

AWESOME THREAD TOPIC !

Our adventure begins where the rest of the world finds themselves lost !
Trip reports are created in the mind, committed in the heart and
finalized by sharing . Let's see some trip reports .

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:36 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

Left work early :diablo: got the DR went to Lineville no to Leon . over to my parents house had a soda then came home about 45 miles.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:04 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

AWESOME THREAD TOPIC !

Ohhh I dunno, a wheelie across the porch video would be more than worthy. :notworthy:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:29 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

PO-SLOKE wrote:

AWESOME THREAD TOPIC !

Ohhh I dunno, a wheelie across the porch video would be more than worthy. :notworthy:

:bumps: :bumps: :bumps: :OMG:

Post subject: Meet my locals !
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:16 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Looked Miss Sara over real good yesterday evening for my typical Saturday morning chore run . Needed to swing by Mountain Motorsports to pick a bolt that goes in the exhaust to clean the soot out . Follwed by a stop at the feed store for dogfood .

The kinda cool thing about this post is that each and every person in these photos are all riders . Otherwise , the post is a bit moot . lol

Front row parking at Mountain Motorsports . Georgia's largest motorcycle dealership .

Step inside and meet the lovely personality of Miss JoAnn . She can direct you to any and everything and or person you might need . Always checking to make sure you are signed up for the next event whether it is for a drawing or service package deals and the likes .

Round the isle towards the parts dept and there stands Bloke . Everybody just calls the old mate " Bloke " no matter . Actually I think it is a fake name ( lol lol ) because I suspect he is wanted in New Zealand for being an Aussie in general . roflol . If you're down this way , pop in on old Bloke and tell him Po-Sloke sent ya . He's a DS'er Adventure tour guy through and through .

Get past Bloke ( the look on his face is because he knows I am cheap and am not going to buy a bike today ) an on towards parts . Don't know this young mans name but I do know he has sworn off sports bikes and is looking to swing full on adventure bikes . Great going young bro . You are getting smarter than your young rider friends . Nice kid . Super willing to help and makes sure it is all done right for you and wants your ride and day to go well .

On the way out of Mountain Motorsports , I shout at Rolan ( a salesman ) and JoAnn .....

That's about All the excitement I could take for one day at the dealership , so off I go tot he feed store .

Step up in the feed store and there sits Isaac . A transplant from another planet but a really great guy . He runs a top notch buiness there at West Walton Feed . Isaac is a true rider at heart . He commutes everyday to work and had a nice new Honda VT Shadow RS . I'd own one of those babies in a minute if I could . Classic dedicated rider . Nice well taken care of bike and old worn out Ford pickup that the windows won't even stay rolled up in . Does he care ? NOT ! The windows on the Shadow are permanently down as well is his logic . lol . Great guy Isaac is . Don't know the guy at the counter , but says he rides also .

Isaac has one of the kids carry the dog food to the bike , I bungie net it down and I'm ready to roll .

Nuttin special of a rider report . But everybody I got to see are riding buds abd budettes all glad to see me out on the DR . The DR ran wonderful on a nice warm partly couldy saturday morning and I got home safe .
I say that is a good ride for only about a 30 miler .

If nothing else , the Aussie sorts here on the forum can see they are well represented here in Georgia with the like of Bloke the Aussie .

But what you need to know is that I showed up through everybodys door step in high speed nervous energy as is my nature , only seonds after they unlock the doors on a Saturday morning . Thus the red eyes and grim looks on their face while I'm snapping a flash in their face . Makes me think maybe they stood in front of the local PD photographer sometime in the nigt . lol . All MUG shot looks on thier faces . lol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:01 am 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Well, I went on a ride with my dad and a good friend today. About a 180 kilometer round trip. There was a long straight, and I wound it right out. 160 kilometers per hour!!! :bumps: That equals to about 100mph. That was on a dead flat road, with a bit of wind around. I was so stoked. Then my mate with a speed triple passed me like I was standing still :OMG: . Don't even want to know what speed he was doing! Then my dad started playing games with me on his v-strom 1000. Everytime I went to pass him - he just wound on the throttle :s_mad . Oh well, next time I'll take them trailriding-that'll fix 'em :s_tongue :sarcastic: .

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:52 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Nice job guys, this is exactly what we wanted in this thread. (well, a pic here and there wouldn't hurt) :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:15 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

C-leb . Awesome you got's yerself a dad that will ride withya . I've essentially owned all three of those bikes and your ride report sounds like ya had fun . But it also sounds like the others knew you were on the much superior and far more mighty DR . Looks like their jealousy shined thhrough by displaying the ONE and ONLY superiority thet had ove the DR and that is top end . lol lol lol . I just love it when that happens . lol lol

Sounds fun . But hey, just wait till the show boating takes place where it hurts the most to be shown up , in public with their helmets off . When the Triple needs a tow home and the DL1000 needs six people to pick it up when dropped . lol lol lol . Let that happen a time or two and you'll all be on DR's soon enough . :bumps: :bumps: :bumps:

Now . Seeing you posted no photos , and internet wide regs say " No pics , no vid , no happen " , puts you in retrobution on your ride report . So get going on those full color court room looking sketches and let us visualize . :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I've been kind of thinking on a couple of self assigned " WHERE DID YOU GO ON YOUR DUAL SPORT TODAY " homework assigment . Several years back I started a couple of ride report threads that became very popular . One of the was called , " RIDE TO YOUR ROOTS " . It was a ride report effort targeted at getting people to do rides to childhood memories and or where we grew up . The other was " SHOW US AROUND " which targeted the area in which people lived .

So with that said , and oddly enough , I now just so happen to live in an area of which much of my earlier years were spent . There really isn't alot of optimal DS riding right here on top of me , although there are several small state parks and the likes in the area within reach . Lots , of historical stuff too . All those make real good and very interesting ride topics and motivate folks to get out . As my cash flow hopefully increases soon ( I have a job interview both Mon and Tues this week with great hope ) I'll likely give some teaser examples of what I am talking about .

Go Irish75 wrote:
Nice job guys, this is exactly what we wanted in this thread. (well, a pic here and there wouldn't hurt) :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 59  Next