www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 11:21 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:49 am 
MSF Student
MSF Student

Lucky enough to be on spring break this week. I managed to get out to Uwharrie National Forest OHV trails before the rain set in.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:27 am 
Map & Manual Master Moderator

bdesj wrote:
Just finished a three-day weekend and took advantage of the time to investigate some new-to-me territory north of Chico CA. Still a lot of snow closures, gates, downed trees, but I have a little better grip on the Chico to Lassen corridor now. Big Suzi started feeling under the weather Sunday, so I steered her towards home the next morning. I have not done my carb or checked valves in a little over a year, so good chance that will cheer her up. Running into town again this afternoon, and I`ll pick up new float O-rings while I`m there- hopefully the ol PigDuro will be back to her old perky self by next weekend. ...
Nice photos as usual Brian! There is definitely a lot of good riding potential in that area, though you discovered it's a little early for the higher elevations. Still, all the snow we've got in the Cascade and Sierra ranges this year is fantastic for dampening the drought.
:woohoo:

The area around Lassen Volcanic NP is not so far away from here, practically midway between us. If you feel like trying it again sometime before the summer heat I would enjoy meeting up for another ride ... drop me a PM if your schedule allows anything of the sort. If so maybe others would also be interested. Memorial Day Weekend is already booked for me, but perhaps later in June I could break away for a couple of days.
:scratch: :bumps:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:55 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Spring is busting out all over! A little reluctant in some places, but getting there. DR Fury, did you take your son with you over the weekend? How is he doing with the bike?

@WR: I would certainly enjoy another ride with you and the Mrs, planning it is another matter. The big (also yet to be planned) rendezvous on my list this year is with my cousin who lives down in Oakland- not going to fill anything up until I get that one cemented in. Wife-and-me summer vacation will be end of June, early July, already bought and paid for. Beyond that, I am HOPING to get up even closer to you some time this summer, or more likely fall. Will PM you beforehand for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:37 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

My son was out with his grandparents so that gave me a chance to scout some trails. I tried an atv park about an hour south that was nothing but deep sand. Then I went out to Uwharrie. I think I found a few he can handle and we will check them out together soon.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:41 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

A quick loop through the CRV:

2010 Black DR650 - Raptor Petcock...MSR skid plate...Stock chain-roller removed/"Seat Concepts" seat kit/Lower ball-bearing roller/AMP case armor/Pro-Moto rack/Twin Air filter/520 conversion/TM40 pumper carb/8.3 Rear spring/ProCycle Case saver/WARP 9 bar-risers/IMS 4.9 gal Tank/Homemade Chainguard topic15058.html NSU Fix topic14597.html NSU Fix re-visited topic14828.html
DR_Rider blog: https://dr650rider.blogspot.ca/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:43 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Great posts everyone, way cool Dinsdale, wish I could fly down and cruise WA. I've "google-earthed " the desert of WA and it's high on the bucket list.
bdesj: Wait for it........ good weather is coming.
DR-Rider, cool vid, you're only a couple hundred miles north of me.
Cheers all.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:06 am 
MSF Student
MSF Student

I managed to waste about 2 hours + just ripping around town enjoying a spring day and a recently adjusted idle mixture,, sure is an improvement , had coffee outside at a local cafe . nothing like a fellow BC rider who posted the video of his ride in what looks like the Chilliwack river / vedder crossing area , great video, I havnt been to that part of BC for over 35 years, still looks good .

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:05 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

Putting the Dual in Dual Sport. Went 2 up on a charity ride with 140 cruisers. Got a couple of funny looks but not after we had no trouble keeping up on the highway stretches. 120 miles for a good cause.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:11 pm 

DRFury wrote:
My son was out with his grandparents so that gave me a chance to scout some trails. I tried an atv park about an hour south that was nothing but deep sand. Then I went out to Uwharrie. I think I found a few he can handle and we will check them out together soon.
You know that will make his day, with dad keeping things safe and leading the way.
:clapping:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:35 pm 

Went for a little afternoon ride 2-up with the intention of taking the short-cut over the mountain to Illinois Valley.

At about 4,400 ft. and half-a-mile before the pass at the top we found the snow. Slogging it out to the top in the 4WD tracks would have been possible, but going down the other side would be even worse so we turned around here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next