www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:30 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

What age group of DR rider are you?
0-19 2%  2%  [ 14 ]
20-29 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
30-39 17%  17%  [ 107 ]
40-49 27%  27%  [ 168 ]
50-59 28%  28%  [ 177 ]
60-69 10%  10%  [ 64 ]
70-79 1%  1%  [ 9 ]
80-89 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
90+ 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 628
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:39 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

Nice to see 40-49 still kickin' a$$ since I 1st voted :yahoo:

.... and given that the 50-59 is a close running 2nd, I'm comforted in knowing I'll be in good company for the years to come.
:drinks:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:48 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

LOL. Since I've voted...I've moved into the 40-49 class. I think it's like moving up in classes in motocross.....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:17 am 
Member Servant
Member Servant

Damn! I've moved into the 8% bracket now..... looking forward to being amongst the 1% some day. :2_thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:08 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Rob, I had no idea you where approaching the elder status, GOOD ON YOU BRO, may you live to see the 1% bracket brother

IA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:14 pm 
Member Servant
Member Servant

Ian Anderson wrote:
Rob, I had no idea you where approaching the elder status, GOOD ON YOU BRO, may you live to see the 1% bracket brother
IA

Thanks Ian.... yeah... the mind still thinks youngly... is that a word? :dunno: But the body is beginning to say "hey, that's about enough of that MX cr*p OK?" Fair enough.... we all have to do some compromising right? :good:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:37 pm 
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

I am old but not when I am on the motorbikes !!
The DR is one of the best all rounder, I could of only imagined until
I found this site.
The knowledge base is unsurpassed World Wide.
Thanks
:old:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:49 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

44 this year , And bought my new DR in September last year after having a kwaka 600 roady last year , I wanted to " go back to basics " with the air cooled single , I cut my teeth on Air cooled single dirt bikes through the 80-90's , last dirt bike I owned was a heavily farkled 98 XR 400 .

Always loved the Yamaha TT's , owned a few and were the perfect dual sport / enduro in my opinion , but they are not being made anymore and the DR is the closest thing you can get to the old TT's so it was an obvious choice .

The XR4 was great fun , and went extremely well with some farkling for bush blasting , but the DR is just a great alrounder for me as im more inclined for adventure type journeys as I get older than just cutting the same old laps blasting round the same old bush .

I just wish Suzuki would beef up things like suspension , and get it up off the ground a bit more , and get a better exhaust on it then the crap stock thing they bolt onto it .

Brilliant that they aren't charging stupid prices for a great bike , but I would have happily paid a bit more to have it more enduro biased with suspension and carby / exhaust mods rather then having to go out and perform those changes myself to get the best out of this great bike .

I don't subscribe to this whole "restriction" thing , if you want a bike to go like a 250 , buy a 250..... , if they want to restrict them to get a wider sales base ( ie younger / less experienced riders) , then also sell an unrestricted version for a bit more with suitable upgrades so I can spend more time out there riding straight off the showroom floor, then farkling in my garage bolting bits on that should have been on there in the first place IMO .

Overall great bike , very happy with the purchase , Suzuki can definitely hold their heads up high by continuing to make and sell this great simple , no nonsense ," get out there and ride it and have a ball doing it " motorcycle .

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 6:35 am 
MSF Student
MSF Student

The older I get the better I was! :old:

05 model, ims 20 litre, ddc's, mojave, tm40, FMF Q4, b and b bashplate, rack, sprocket cover, cyclops led headlight, 2 x 18w led spotlights, low pegs, concept high, twin air, tourances, braided lines, pert near fuggin sorted.
'

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:57 am 
Member Servant
Member Servant

snorton wrote:
The older I get the better I was! :old:

Well of course..... as your mind shrivels like a prune you only remember the good stuff. :rofl:

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:41 am 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

I'm a child of the 70's. I was caught up in the dual purpose craze ("dual sport" came later) when the trail 70, then the SL 70 (my first bike) came out. A lot of kids in the neighborhood had minicycles and we rode the crap out of those things. Other kids liked football. It was okay, but I liked motocross better. Other kids liked Roger Staubach and Kareem Abdul Jabbar. My heroes were Roger DeCoster and Marty Smith.

I've never been that excited about liter+ bikes. Sure, they're fast, but you'd need a track to use all that power. Harleys are slow, heavy, and handle like a school bus. Screw that. I don't want to polish it, I want to get it dirty!

Give me something with some suspension travel. If it can't go off road, it's just not as fun as it could be. In the city, too, nothing's as fun as a reasonably light bike with curb-hopping agility.

It's not a mid-life crisis thing for me. I was born this way, and it's okay to be different! :biggrin: :Roost:

I really like this thread on ADV: http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/v ... es.751837/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next