www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:21 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CUENCA - ECUADOR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:23 am 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Looking for dual sport riders here in Cuenca?

Im new in town!!! want some friends to ride along!

Adventurer rider here... please respond.... :bumps:

:drinks:

Post subject: Re: CUENCA - ECUADOR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:37 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Maybe try to see if there's a trail riding club close to where you live? In my country Australia, we have what's called the Australian Motorcycle Trail Riders Association which is all over the country, maybe you have something similar? I doubt you'll find many if any people at all to ride with here.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:49 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

In my country Australia,

Wait, what? Australia is a country now? It was a continent when I was a kid.. :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

2007 DR650 SuperMoto with almost all the goodies..(it never ends ya know!)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:08 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Yes Kernel... I`ve looked for it and found a group of so called "dual sport riders", but they ride with sportbikes in the highways. What im looking for a group of actual dual sport riders who are willing to adveture in dirt roads..... Hope to find someone here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Yes Kernel... I`ve looked for it and found a group of so called "dual sport riders", but they ride with sportbikes in the highways. What im looking for a group of actual dual sport riders who are willing to adveture in dirt roads..... Hope to find someone here!

Did you try ADVRider/Thumpertalk?

2007 DR650 SuperMoto with almost all the goodies..(it never ends ya know!)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:15 am 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

MALOKAM No I am not affiliated to another forum, we could say that I am a faithful follower of DRRIDERS ... haha! :good:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:25 am 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

This is Cuenca .... below the "Puente Roto" or "Broken Bridge" is a bridge that only goes half way... does not reach anywhere, is a kind of balcony ... LOL!!!

Last night I went for a ride with a friend who has a 2011 KTM 990 Adventure, but he has equipped his bike with supermoto wheels. It was fun to ride, but my tastes have to involve, necessarily, some more adventure and nature.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:26 am 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

forgot to upload the picture... LOL :CSpit:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:25 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

BUSCO UN AMIGO QUE TENGA UNA DR650 Y GANAS DE ENDUREAR EN CUENCA!!!! URGENTE!!!! ESTOY HARTO DE ANDAR EN MOTO SOLO!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:47 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

I spent 3 months in Ecuador in 1975 and visited again in around 1990 for a job with World Vision. In the 70's I traveled all over the country, including Cuenca. Dim memories but mostly good ... all pics on film so can't post them here. Great ones of Otovalo.

Lately (in the last few years) I have read (on ADV Rider) about some local Ecuadorian and Xpat Brits and Americans who ride out of Quito. Mostly KTM guys. Good riders. One of the guys runs an Off Road Rally of some kind ... or he used to. Lots and lots of Moto-quero travelers come through Ecuador, few stay for more than a week or so ... unless they are broken down. I think they don't know what to do ... or where to go.

Seems someone could make a good business there providing tires to ADV type travelers ... as they seem hard to find .. and everyone always needs a tire ... or two! But I guess now there are a few businesses doing this. Is there a Suzuki dealer in Cuenca? Maybe they have weekend shop rides?

If not ...
Why not set up your own rides? First thing you need to do is find some really good routes to ride. (don't go in rainy season). Make them long enough for a one day ride to start off with and not too hard, so new riders can make it and have fun. You can build up from there. Also, contact the Gringos who come through Quito, perhaps they will pay you to guide them on the very best routes in the area? (they will never find these on their own). I know would HAPPILY PAY for an "expert" guide.

!Good luck y que le via muy bien! :drinks: