www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:59 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: CUENCA - ECUADOR
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:18 am 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

I really liked your message, thank you! Let me say something back.

Ecuador has changed a lot since 1990, the past 10 years have improved our road sistem and we are a more modern country now.

I´m from Quito, born and raised. But the city became so stresfull (a lot of trafic and insecurity) as most capital cities arround the world, so, since my wife is from Cuenca (3rd largest city of Ecuador) I decided to move here. That was a year ago.

When I just got here....I rode alone, then made a made a few friends and convinced them to buy motorcicles.... I only managed to get them to but enduro bikes (xr400).... So the first couple o months I rode a lot of offroad (fine by me as a former 100% enduro rider) But I wanted to exploit the most of my bike and had noone to ride on the street. If seen a couple of groups here... mostly BMW´s and KTM´s above the 900cc3.... There is not a lot of Suzuki DR650 riders like me I guess...

I don´t like the ADV Rider forum.... is tooooooo much of a mess... very hard to find the info..... But maybe I should try to give it a chance....

You are giving me a GREAT IDEA... I would love to guide some riders through the AMAZING places I´ve found here... I really love the multiplicity of different alternatives... the best tarmac roads of the country are here in Cuenca and olso the best enduro rides.... We are very close to the Jungle and also very close to the Coast.... I would do it for FREE... but a little extra cash is always welcome.... HOW CAN I DO IT??? Where do I advertise?.... Any ideas or sugestions?

Yes... here in Cuenca we have a suszuki dealershift... but it is not a good servcice and I´m sure they don´t organize shop rides... in fact... last time I took my bike there they sayd "long time no see a DR"!.... So I think I´m kinda alone here.... I wouldn´t mind ride with KLR650.... or BMW Gs650 or Any other dualsport no has big as twice my bike.... But giving my situation... I´ll go with even chinese bikes.... LOL!

I can help travelers find the best tires in the region at fair good prices and also repairs and parts... I really liked the Idea of becoming an "expert guide"!!! Now I have to find out how to make it true!

In the meantime... I´ll continue to ride alone..... Thank you for your kind coments!

Post subject: Re: CUENCA - ECUADOR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:22 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

I just wanted to invite you to follow our new project called "Moteando Ecuador". You can find our facebook fan page and our twitter "@MoteandoEcuador"

The project consists in riding all across Ecuador in 8 days, through 12 provinces, in the Pacific Cost, Andes Highlands and Amazonas Jungle. In total 2500kms. We will be showing all the world the beauty of Ecuador and promote the campaign #AllYouNeedIsEcuador.

The journey will begin on May 17th. Only one, my DR650, will be making the journey. Other 13 bikes will be joining, BMW´s, KTM´s, Yamahas´s... all Dual Sport between 650cc and 1200cc.

You will like it!

This is the Link for the facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Moteando ... 3239878408

The link for twitter
https://twitter.com/MoteandoEcuador

The link to the Blog:
http://moteandoecuador.blogviajes.com/c ... al-sport-/

Thank you for following and supporting us!