www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:30 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:26 am 
Member Servant
Member Servant

It seems I've created 12 problems to address 1 in limiting image size on the DRRiders forum. With good intentions, and encouragement from a few members experiencing problems, I made the simple change to the board limits. I do believe the 800x800 limits we have set are more than reasonable for image size posted inline. However due to issues with our system not being able to "determine image size" of some hosted photos and other system problems I've experienced for myself in testing I've recanted the image size limit. Please be aware if you have a high megapixel camera your photo file size can still exceed the limits originally set on our forum even though you are within the image size limits. For that reason your properly sized photos can still be rejected. This is a bandwidth issue and will not be altered from what we've had all along.

I'm just asking for everyone's cooperation in not going crazy with posting huge pictures. It does make for a frustrating side scrolling experience not only trying to see the whole image but also in reading the text of the post depending on screen size. If you feel the need to post a football field sized image please do so in link form not inline.

Here's how I will handle complaints about large in-line images. Although it would be far easier for me to just delete them I will instead turn them into a link. Repeat large image posters will get a PM with a link to our requested image size limitations.... so I'm asking you not to create more work for me. The pay scale sucks quite frankly. :empathy: