www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:33 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92
 Post subject: Re: FCR-MX Install....
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:04 pm 
Member Servant
Member Servant

BigRed96 wrote:
mxrob wrote:
BigRed96 wrote:
Could someone please tell what size starter jet I should be using?

Thank You Sir!

:2_thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:08 pm 

I got my FCR-MX installed yesterday afternoon. I love it! I can't say enough good things about it. My bike is like a different bike now. I also added an FMF Powerbomb header and Powercore silencer. I followed all of mxrob's instructions in modifying the carb from his website, also modified the air box and bought the jetting kit from Procycle. Finally after a Twinair filter I used Rob's instructions for the installation and it went very smoothly. The bike fired up immediately and settled into idle. My first ride yesterday consisted of me cruising around my little river town popping wheelies at each stop sign. Then I took it down the highway and was amazed at how smooth acceleration was especially compared to the stock BST. I am looking forward to getting some MPG numbers next. Thanks goes out to MXROB for his tireless testing and researching that went in to making the DR650 a different beast. To do all that work and offer the info up for free on the web is also quite amazing. If you are on the fence about doing this modification just do it. You will get a smile every time you ride you bike. :Roost:

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:58 am 
Member Servant
Member Servant

BigRed96 wrote:
I got my FCR-MX installed yesterday afternoon. I love it! I can't say enough good things about it. My bike is like a different bike now. I also added an FMF Powerbomb header and Powercore silencer. I followed all of mxrob's instructions in modifying the carb from his website, also modified the air box and bought the jetting kit from Procycle. Finally after a Twinair filter I used Rob's instructions for the installation and it went very smoothly. The bike fired up immediately and settled into idle. My first ride yesterday consisted of me cruising around my little river town popping wheelies at each stop sign. Then I took it down the highway and was amazed at how smooth acceleration was especially compared to the stock BST. I am looking forward to getting some MPG numbers next. Thanks goes out to MXROB for his tireless testing and researching that went in to making the DR650 a different beast. To do all that work and offer the info up for free on the web is also quite amazing. If you are on the fence about doing this modification just do it. You will get a smile every time you ride you bike. :Roost:

:clapping: Another DR650 gets to become a true thumper! :2_thumbsup:

"My first ride yesterday consisted of me cruising around my little river town popping wheelies at each stop sign" Might want to wait on the MPG testing until the initial gigglefest is over. :Roost: :s_laughat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:14 am 

I'm about to buy an FCR-MX off a YZ 426. I've got a TM40 already, but the price is just too good and I like the tinker factor......oh screw it....I just want to be one the cool guys :lol: If I can believe this guy --> topic12050.html it comes with an adapter that fits the DR's air boot just like that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:20 am 
Member Servant
Member Servant

Held wrote:
I'm about to buy an FCR-MX off a YZ 426. I've got a TM40 already, but the price is just too good and I like the tinker factor......oh screw it....I just want to be one the cool guys :lol: If I can believe this guy --> topic12050.html it comes with an adapter that fits the DR's air boot just like that.

Tinkering is fun..... it doesn't necessarily make you cool... but it is fun. :spiteful:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:41 pm 

Hello all. I've read some discussion on here about the FCR 39 vs FCR 41.

Would there be any wisdom in fitting an FCR 40 from a CRF450 to my DR790? I have the header weld ground and a 35FO muffler. My snorkel is also removed.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:39 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I've run a 39 for a lot of kms and recently switched a 40, and also been playing with a 41. So far, I like the 40 best, but will try the 41 again when I get my 790 built real soon. The 40 is a definite improvement over the 39 on my stock 650, with Staintune and cut airbox top.

Story starts more or less here; http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/b ... t-31192367 and latterly I acquired a AFR meter and O2 sensor if you skip through. The 41 will be good too with the 790 I think, but the right needle will be critical to nailing it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:28 pm 

Thanks Bergdonk! This is really great info.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:38 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Here's the next carb post; http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/b ... t-31982784 bit of engine building in between.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92