www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:12 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:25 pm 
Member Servant
Member Servant

I just went through and cleaned off the listings that fell out of the 2 month window. Please help us keep this area up to date by adding the word SOLD in the listing heading so we can keep the area clean without having to read each listing. Please feel free to re-list any out of date items that have not sold or you are still looking for that special something. :good:

Thanks!
Rob

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:10 pm 

Is there a certain number of posts you need before you can reply to an ad in the Buy/Sell section??

:sad:

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:36 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

RNA545 wrote:
Is there a certain number of posts you need before you can reply to an ad in the Buy/Sell section??

:sad:

No.

You must PM the OP.

The problem I have found is that the OP doesn't often respond

Perhaps it's just me? :s_dunno

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:49 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

IMO not being able to post a question to a Buy,Sell Trade Wanted thread takes a lot of the value out of looking at it. Nobody really puts in all the details so questions are left unanswered. If you take the time to send a PM and the seller bothers to reply the answer or additional info is hidden from public view. For this reason I rarely even look at any threads in the section.

Apparently this limitation is imposed because one member got his panties in a wad over (well intentioned) comments posted to his for sale thread. ...it only takes one guy to screw something up for the rest... :fool:

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:44 am 
Map & Manual Master Moderator

A member who had posted his bike for sale requested his ad be removed; not because it was sold but due to comments by a few members about the asking price which were not helpful. Apparently it wasn't the first time it had occurred, so our admin made the change. So yes, a few being inconsiderate can lead to measures restricting the rest of us.
:shoot:

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:59 am 
Member Servant
Member Servant

Adding to that the forum was originally setup for no reply (requested in the section rules from the beginning) We simply made following the original rules for the section NOT an option.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:18 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

I also tend to ignore the buy, sell, trade ads since most posters don't give a good description, price or location, sending a PM and waiting for a reply doesn't appeal to me. Just because someone got their BVD's in a wad and whined and cried about it and crippled a valuable resource shouldn't ride with men...

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:59 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

ProCycle wrote:
IMO not being able to post a question to a Buy,Sell Trade Wanted thread takes a lot of the value out of looking at it. Nobody really puts in all the details so questions are left unanswered. If you take the time to send a PM and the seller bothers to reply the answer or additional info is hidden from public view. For this reason I rarely even look at any threads in the section.

Apparently this limitation is imposed because one member got his panties in a wad over (well intentioned) comments posted to his for sale thread. ...it only takes one guy to screw something up for the rest... :fool:

I agree, makes the Buy/Sell forum USELESS. But it's not a few members that screwed this up ... it's the site OWNER. Not having an active BUY/SELL forum hurts the whole site, IMHO.

If you have problems with a posters responds ... let the mods deal with case by case. 99% of the time all goes well. Put it back like it was.
I have lots of things to sell and even more to give away. Impossible to do so when threads cannot be responded to. Just plain dumb.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:15 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I don't understand the problem with the current system. If a pm gets you a response, what more do you want? And if the poster thinks the feedback might be more widely appreciated, the original FS post can be edited. This concept works fine on ADVR AFAIK where I have both bought and sold bits and pieces. Other dedicated selling sites, like eBay, Gumtree etc don't have an open Q&A, although they may have an FAQ.

Complaining that the site owner doesn't do enough is unreasonable and unfair. What does it cost you now to interact with the site?

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:35 am 
Member Servant
Member Servant

I too am having a hard time understanding what the problem is with our current system. The transaction between the buyer/seller is a two person deal. The village has nothing to do with it's outcome. Why does this have to be publicly posted to be of value to the people making the deal? Everyone gets notifications of PM's at the top of the forum. You can also get email notifications of PM's. If the seller isn't responding to a PM message which they can plainly see when they log on.... posting in a forum isn't going to make any difference in their responsiveness.

Hundreds of items have been sold/traded/given away on this forum. If you chose not to use it.... :pardon: