www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:03 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:33 am 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

Every buyer is different and there may be somebody out there looking for that exact set up ready to buy.

Personally, I just consider farkles a cost of ownership when I buy them. Nobody wants to pay for the extras once they are on the bike. If you need every penny I would strip it down to stock.

Up here you might get $4,500 as it sits this time of year if you were really lucky.

14 Versys

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:01 am 
DR650 Limits Tester

DR Grifter wrote:
It's a lovely bike ... sorry things haven't worked out ... so I guess the BMW in the pic above will be sold as well? :s_laughat

Let us know when you get that new KTM 690 Rally! :drinks:

your best bet to minimize loss and maximize what your going to get cash wise is to ditch that BMW in the back ground, keep the dr, and avoid the Keep Throwing Money 690.........just my two cents :drinks:

unless your just over the DR and then its a different story, if i had to price that bike id list it at $4500obo and take the first reasonable offer to walk through the door.

2006 DR650 Race Bike: FMF power bomb header, FMF power core 4, DDC and Race Tech springs, Cogent Mojave Pro Series, Ohllins spring, Pro taper bars, Clarke 3.7 tank, Seat Concepts seat, air box mod, Twin air filter, sumo fender, Acme Zoom panniers, off road gearing, Warp 9 Gold hubs and Black wheels, 320MM big brake kit, TM40 Carb, Mad Man Engineering built head, decked cylinder, engine assembled and tuned by VAR.

03 sprinter motobus
Donzi Z-25

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:01 am 

Well, poop. Thanks for the honest feedback folks. Looks like I have some thinking to do. A local dealer offered me $2750:for it bone stock, so the best option might be that, then selling the various goodies for whatever I can get.

Ugh.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:53 pm 

I would take the Sargent seat off your hands, can even trade you on a perfectly unmarked stocker off my 2016, if that could work for you.

PM me with a price and your thoughts and so sorry you have to make these hard decisions to unload what is a perfectly excellent and very happy DeirDRe.

Cheers...Tony

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:04 am 

Sorry if you're forced to sell your DR. If you do end up selling parts, I'm a local who would be interested in the rear rack/caribou setup

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:29 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

I would be interested in your TM40 Carb.
I would push your local dealer for $3K stripped back to stock. He'll get $3500 to $4K for the bike. Everybody happy. (sort of!)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:12 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

DR Grifter wrote:
I would push your local dealer for $3K stripped back to stock. He'll get $3500 to $4K for the bike. Everybody happy. (sort of!)

With bike sales stagnant and new/old stock lingering all around there is no "pushing" dealers for more money. Since the OP is not using the bike a trade fodder he'd only be adding inventory to the dealers stock. The result of this is an offer that might be slightly higher than a pawn shop.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:33 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

PerazziMx14 wrote:
DR Grifter wrote:

With bike sales stagnant and new/old stock lingering all around there is no "pushing" dealers for more money. Since the OP is not using the bike a trade fodder he'd only be adding inventory to the dealers stock. The result of this is an offer that might be slightly higher than a pawn shop.

Never know if you don't try. If they won't give him what he is willing to accept then they can part ways.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:31 pm 

if you part it out i'd be interested in the racks and the bars