www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:38 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:28 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

This one, well, like... errr.... after a long time without riding, don't forget to put out the sidestand when you get off the bike in the Costco parking lot... ! :blush:

But if you do, keep your helmet on so nobody knows who the idiot is... ! :s_cool

2005 DR650SE. 4.9L IMS. Opened airbox. Dynojet 160 main jet, DJ needle 4th notch from top, 42.5 fuel pilot jet, 1.0 air pilot jet, OEM air filter, Kientech extended pilot screw 2 turns out for now. Q2 muffler, ground header weld. Kenda medium knobbies. Lightweight goodies. Sitting too much...

Last edited by E9999 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:32 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

If you made it outta Costco under $100, the tipover never happened.

2007 WR450

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:28 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Ha! I did that about a month ago at my mailbox with a V-strom. The dumbest thing was that it didn`t feel quite right when I tried to put the kickstand down, but since it was dark I couldn`t see it and got off anyway. Maybe you would think I`d feel for it with my foot...
...but you would be wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:00 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

bdesj wrote:
Ha! I did that about a month ago at my mailbox with a V-strom. The dumbest thing was that it didn`t feel quite right when I tried to put the kickstand down, but since it was dark I couldn`t see it and got off anyway. Maybe you would think I`d feel for it with my foot...
...but you would be wrong.

Yup. That's why you wear a helmet. So nobody knows who just made a fool of himself! It's arguably more important than safety. lol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:56 pm 
Member Servant
Member Servant

I've done that before... not on the DR... but on my 74 CB550. So cool of me to come into parking spot while still rolling and putting down the kickstand with my left foot while stopping the machine and swinging my right leg over the seat in a fluid motion and walking away. :dirol: Then the "crash and tinkle tinkle" as the broken mirror, and left side turn signals scatter across the parking lot. :blush:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:28 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

at least you guys tried to put the side stand down, me, not exactly sure what happened but I may have completely forgotten to do it altogether. Major brain fart. Took me down with it and sent me flying. Sore today. Reminded me not to put my phone in the jacket side pocket.
I now have to add the side stand to my stop checklist it seems (without which I always forget either my key or the petcock, yup getting old...)

2005 DR650SE. 4.9L IMS. Opened airbox. Dynojet 160 main jet, DJ needle 4th notch from top, 42.5 fuel pilot jet, 1.0 air pilot jet, OEM air filter, Kientech extended pilot screw 2 turns out for now. Q2 muffler, ground header weld. Kenda medium knobbies. Lightweight goodies. Sitting too much...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:33 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

There is a fix for the side stand so you never have to worry with deploying it ever again. In fact this fix is so effective you don't even have to remember to put you feet down at stop signs.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:48 pm 
DR650 Limits Tester

the best is when some squid does it on a shiny new crotch rocket, or any bike that isn't supposed to have scratches on it for that matter.

2006 DR650 Race Bike: FMF power bomb header, FMF power core 4, DDC and Race Tech springs, Cogent Mojave Pro Series, Ohllins spring, Pro taper bars, Clarke 3.7 tank, Seat Concepts seat, air box mod, Twin air filter, sumo fender, Acme Zoom panniers, off road gearing, Warp 9 Gold hubs and Black wheels, 320MM big brake kit, TM40 Carb, Mad Man Engineering built head, decked cylinder, engine assembled and tuned by VAR.

03 sprinter motobus
Donzi Z-25

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:57 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Like a brand spanking new Ducati? Yep, that was me :s_biggrin

Luckily in my backyard, and I managed to prevent the bike from really falling over, but I didn't have the strength to get it back upright either with my leg wedged under the frame. I do have a strong wife though!

Small dent in my ego, no scratches, nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:43 pm 
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Did the same with my 26mi FZ6. Luckily fell on a couple bags of redimix. Scratches waxed out. :s_laughat