www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:08 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:02 pm 
Offline
DRRiders Technical Documentation Expert
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:13 am
Posts: 3403
Location: SE Denver-ish
TrophyHunter wrote:
Incredible. For those unfamiliar, some drivers have some sort of rage against legal lane sharing. I've only done it a few times and had someone shut the lane down on me once. Plenty of stories of near misses from buddies here.

Steve - I'll PM you my phone number. Be happy to handle parts swap stuff or whatever else is needed to take that burden off ya. I'm retired, have tools and a decent working knowledge of the DR.

I'm also retired LE, so may be able to assist in that area. I currently work very part time for a private inv firm, but will do what I can "off the books" without jeopardizing the business.

Heal up & gimme a call.
:2_thumbsup:

_________________
2004 DR650 68,332 miles :-)
WR250R

Threewheelbonnie:
"BTW, I don't do style. It's a dirt bike, not some girlie dress-up thing." -

My DR650 technical photos (but none of the cool stories that go with 'em), FEEL FREE TO COPY AND SHARE: http://er70s-2.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Motorcycling


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:01 pm 
Offline
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 5187
Location:
TrophyHunter wrote:
Incredible.
...snip...
Heal up & gimme a call.

:drinks: :2_thumbsup: :notworthy:

_________________
Everything for your DR650 and lots of other keen stuff!
DR900 Stroker Project
TurboDiesel Corvette


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:29 pm 
Offline
MSF Student
MSF Student

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:48 am
Posts: 53
Location: NE Wisconsin
Sorry that happened to you. Some people just defy explanation.
The question is - what is the next bike?! :2_thumbsup: Good luck!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:21 am 
Offline
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:08 pm
Posts: 148
Location: San Diegp
Thanks guys. I'm pretty overwhelmed with pain so I'm not responding as much as I'd like. Today my surgeon removed the wound vac and changed the bandages on my ankle. Aside from my other injuries, here's a pic. The sutures on my ankle is where my tibia was sticking out. I was discharged fron the hospital today. I have attached some pics of the DR. I need to get some rest but will keep you all posted.

Image

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:43 am 
Offline
Member Servant
Member Servant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 9968
Location: Mackinaw City, MI, USA
Ouch and double ouch! :empathy:

_________________
- mxrob -


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:36 pm 
Offline
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 1230
Location: Central Marylandistan, Maryland
Scuuuba_Steve wrote:
Thanks guys. I'm pretty overwhelmed with pain so I'm not responding as much as I'd like. Today my surgeon removed the wound vac and changed the bandages on my ankle. Aside from my other injuries, here's a pic. The sutures on my ankle is where my tibia was sticking out. I was discharged fron the hospital today. I have attached some pics of the DR. I need to get some rest but will keep you all posted.

Image



My god! :sad:

Hang in there. Karma WILL catch up with that asshat who did that to you.

_________________
Contrary to misguided popular belief; Aftermarket Exhaust and Headlight Modulators DO SAVE LIVES. I'm living proof...

21 years retired Army - Seen EVERYTHING - Done ALMOST Everything... Ooorah!


2012 DR650SE
2015 Honda F6B


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:38 pm 
Offline
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:22 pm
Posts: 1658
Location: San Diego County, CA, USA
Yeah - I gotcha on the mechanical side. Good lord, man. Worry about your body as mentioned.

_________________
AMA Life
2014 DR650
2013 HD Road King
2007 WR450


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:20 pm 
Offline
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:08 pm
Posts: 148
Location: San Diegp
Insurance offered me 3200 for the bike with all parts on it, or I can keep the bike for 2800. My boy just came over and we did a run down of everything. Bike started up perfectly normal. Right blinkers work, left does not. The only damage we could find was

Headlight
Minor damage to some wires on harness behind headlight
Speedometer smashed
Minor damage to indicators
Wheel moves with little pressure while holding onto handlebars

That last one is my biggest concern as I'm not really a wrench head. I'm thinking I'm going to keep the bike for $500, and fix it back up.anyone know the seriousness of the wheel/handlebar misaligned?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:40 pm 
Offline
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:37 pm
Posts: 1657
Location: City of Angels
I fail to understand the math, sorry

Quote:
Insurance offered me $3200 for the bike with all parts on it, or I can keep the bike for $2800


I thought this meant they give you $3200, and they get the bike, or they give you $2800 and you get to keep the bike.

Quote:
I'm thinking I'm going to keep the bike for $500,


Where do these $500 come from?

Quote:
anyone know the seriousness of the wheel/handlebar misaligned?


Hard to judge without taking it apart. The front can look pretty messed with just the forks twisted, and not bent....the bars however are made of chocolate. I still have original bars if you need them.

_________________
Firm believer in lower pegs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:03 pm 
Offline
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:08 pm
Posts: 148
Location: San Diegp
Max Kool wrote:
I fail to understand the math, sorry

Quote:
Insurance offered me $3200 for the bike with all parts on it, or I can keep the bike for $2800


I thought this meant they give you $3200, and they get the bike, or they give you $2800 and you get to keep the bike.

Quote:
I'm thinking I'm going to keep the bike for $500,


Where do these $500 come from?

Quote:
anyone know the seriousness of the wheel/handlebar misaligned?


Hard to judge without taking it apart. The front can look pretty messed with just the forks twisted, and not bent....the bars however are made of chocolate. I still have original bars if you need them.


Sorry it's hard To type on my phone.its 3200 and 2700, so 500.

I just don't want there to be some kinda hidden damage that I don't know about. The bars are fine. I have the fat bars. They don't seem bent, just twisted downward and need to be readjusted. Basically what I had my friend do was put the wheel between his knees and turn the bars. He said it was pretty loose. Is this something I'll have a hard time fixing?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



Forum hosting by ProphpBB | Software by phpBB | Report Abuse | Privacy