www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:28 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:23 am 

So I bought the DR650 conversion kit mostly because the website says it ships within 2-3 business days. Huge mistake. This has been the worst transaction I have made online. I had to call them a week after I noticed my kit was not shipped. They said sorry and that they were a week behind which makes me think they were surprised by my call and just started my order then. So it was shipped late and after they sent it they sent me email informing me that the rear brake rotor is on back order and I wont receive it for three more weeks so i should just use the one I have for now. I got my kit in and sure enough even though I ordered a 44 tooth sprocket I got the 42 tooth instead. So now If i want, I have to send that one back in for the correct sprocket. I read of other stories like this but they were a couple years ago. I was hoping they got their act together and I was completely wrong. For all of my DR650 family, if your thinking about going supermoto, go somewhere other than MotoXindustries.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:56 am 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

That sucks... I used TheCycleHouse when I converted my XR650r a couple months back. Smooth and painless transaction.. I used ProCycle for the Dr conversion....No problems there either..

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:46 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Agree, pretty obvious that ProCycle are the ONLY way to go for this sort of stuff.

Even if you get a larger rear sprocket ... I'm betting it's a crap one that won't match the life of the Suzuki OEM sprocket ...
which will go to 20K miles.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:40 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Damn, that sucks. The only issue that I had with them was that the floating 320mm front rotor was on back order for a couple months, but other than that everything was perfect. I ended up snapping a spoke and the nipple blew the tube almost instantly, I called them up and I had a couple new spokes within a few days. Then, when my rotor came in, it was sent with the larger bolts for the stock front hub, a quick phone call and a couple days later I had rotor bolts for the Warp 9 hub. Seeing some of the issues people have had lately, I consider myself very lucky with how smooth everything has gone for me with them.

Don't lose any sleep over it. It's a DR, a two wheeled farm tractor. Not a space shuttle.