www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:16 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:18 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

I tried to read the old threads and there was no consensus.

100% dry street, otherwise will be rare. I will also be riding in the cold, some thought that a full race pads had to stay hot to perform.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:06 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

Any HH sintered pads from the major sources; EBC, Galfer, SBS, Ferodo, Goldfren for very hard riding or GG pads for less aggressive riding. The OEM DR pads are a good choice too for general use. I used to race expert class road racing on my SV650 and HH pads offered all the power I needed. They don't need to be hot to work. I prefer them on the street too since they supply a bit more stopping power per the same lever pressure than lesser grade pads. Never had to replace SS rotors because of them but my $900/pr. Brembo Superbike ductile iron rotors did wear out (Yikes!).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:44 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

SV650racer wrote:
Any HH sintered pads from the major sources; EBC, Galfer, SBS, Ferodo, Goldfren for very hard riding or GG pads for less aggressive riding. The OEM DR pads are a good choice too for general use. I used to race expert class road racing on my SV650 and HH pads offered all the power I needed. They don't need to be hot to work. I prefer them on the street too since they supply a bit more stopping power per the same lever pressure than lesser grade pads. Never had to replace SS rotors because of them but my $900/pr. Brembo Superbike ductile iron rotors did wear out (Yikes!).

HH pads eat cast iron rotors in short order.

I found a great alternative to the OEM pads. The pads are HH sintered last me as long as OEM, work as good as OEM and are less than $24.00 shipping included for a complete set front and rear.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:48 pm 

I just bought some dp sintered brakes.
DP315

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:15 am 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

PerazziMx14 wrote:
SV650racer wrote:

HH pads eat cast iron rotors in short order.

I found a great alternative to the OEM pads. The pads are HH sintered last me as long as OEM, work as good as OEM and are less than $24.00 shipping included for a complete set front and rear.

"HH pads eat cast iron rotors in short order."
Tell me about it! My Galfer SS Wave rotors show almost no wear in the same amount of track time that ate my $$$$ :OMG: Brembos! I have to say though, those Brembos were sweet while they lasted! :2_thumbsup: