www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:01 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: DAMN IT ALL
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:55 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Sorry. Stay positive. Sending good vibes, however it works.

A motorcycle, however much you like it, is just a thing.

You don't need it. Priorities, like you said. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODh1nsHlPg

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:56 pm 

Stay positive, brother. Hearing your story has made me (and maybe the rest of us) thankful for what I have and can be a reminder of how fast things can change. Just know you and your family are in our thoughts.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:43 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Hang in there brother. There's always some sweet after the sour.

Your wife, your family needs you!

(and yes, sometime life really sucks)

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:25 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

agree 100% f.... Cancer.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:12 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Cancer.......... it just pisses me off. I could only imagine what you're going through, and your poor wife must be terrified, I know I would be. I love your attitude and I'm sending good vibes your way. I hope you have a good folks close to you that you can count on. When your wife beats this bullshit and and things are back to normal I hope to see you out on your new DR650.

PS. Cancer and lick my balls.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:20 pm 

Sorry to hear that man. I've been here. Done that (twice) my wife got the breast cancer once in 01 and the second time in 05. Like someone said, you're in the $hit. The deep stuff.
It's true what they say that cancer affects us all. We all know someone that has been through it.
The one thing that helped me out is humor. We all know each other's sense of humor. What makes us tick if you will. I was where you are. Especially with having to give things up, at the end of the day, they're just things. Ultimately you can get things back, can't get time spent or not spent back.
Take it one day at a time, laugh a lot, share a lot.
Best of luck.

$arge

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:44 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Have at it and kick its A$$. My sister had a five year battle, losing a few body parts along the way. She's been clear for over 7 years and doing well.

Take care of the family as you've stated and keep the positive attitude.

2007 WR450

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:44 am 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

I'd like to thank you guys for the support. :howdy: I'll try to give a condensed update.

I'll start with the fact that my wife is moving on to radiation in a couple weeks. Shitty chemo done. :yahoo: Wouldn't wish chemo on anybody! Everything is "on track". She has maintained a positive attitude through all the bullshit. There is no preparing for the roller coaster of doom and gloom but my guess is that those super mother powers took over and helped her keep going. Her particular cancer make up and genetic mutation makes it more difficult to just celebrate and move on. This will not control her life, but is no doubt a part of it from here out.

I'd also like to share about a good friend of mine. This is the guy that bought my 2013 DR. He offered a more than fair cash price, and through a '99 KTM 300mxc in on the deal. Told me I had to have something to ride with the boys. The KTM had been laying in his shop for quite a while but only needed cleaned up and some fresh rubber. A truly remarkable human, he was, and still is my best source of support, even though he lives 7 hours away.

Now some happy stories! Luckily, I have almost excellent insurance through work. This means that we are not going bankrupt because of the medical bills. We have maintained as normal of lifestyle as we could. This includes working, fishing, huckleberry picking, and of course, motorcycles. My wife was never an avid rider, but she likes to put-put around with the boys. Her klx110 was confiscated by the 9yr old, leaving her with the ttr125. She decided it was a good idea to ride a bit in between chemo rounds, but was still really weak. She really was struggling with kicking it over on the hot summer afternoons. This problem was easily solved buy buying a 2009 klx140. Now, this seemed like a great idea until she laid it down hard. Explaining to the chemo nurses that the bruises and scrapes all over her arm were dirt bike induced was priceless! Apparently when the doctors tell you to continue as much of your normal life as possible, they don't mean ride.

A few weeks back, my wife hands me her phone. She had found a DR650 on CL. I told her it wasn't a priority, especially because I now have the orange death rocket. A couple weeks go by, and we were sitting at the chemo lounge. She insist I text on the DR. One thing leads to another and BAM, I now own another DR. The new/used bike is a 2001 with 7300 miles on the clock. It was bone stock except a skid plate and lowering link. First day in the garage it got an airbox chop and the BST magic carb from the 2013 DR.

That's it I suppose. Thanks again for the support!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:54 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:42 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

This is when you realize how much you care for each other. :2_thumbsup: