www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 3:41 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:30 pm 

Any one have any experience with both of these? I purchased the JNS and installed them and am a little disappointed. Made very well, but do not feel or look 1.5 inch lower than the stock brackets. I just ordered the Procycle lowering/rearset pegs and will put those on as soon as they arrive. I am hoping they free up even more leg room.

Anyone have any experience with both?

As an aside, I will probably have a set of JNS lowering brackets for sale in the very near future, near new if anyone is interested. :s_biggrin

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:13 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

I would also like to hear.

Did you need a longer brake spring for the lowered pegs?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:25 pm 

I did not need an extension on the jns brackets but I believe the pro cycle comes with an extended spring for the brake. By the descriptions it seems the procuclenis a larger drop and that's what I'm hoping.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:30 pm 

Honest opinion as I received the pro cycle lowering brackets.
Aesthetically the jns look and feel nicer. They are not as thick, a nice industrial matte finish and and certainly weigh less. However, they do not looser the foot pegs quite as much. It's maybe only a half an inch but it feels better to me. I really like the ones I got from procycle. I did put in a longer spring and lower the brake and shift levers quite a bit. So I'll be keeping the peocycle and selling the jns.
As an aside I also finally got my new tall/big boy seast from seat concepts built up with heavy foam to support my large behind. Granted it was only a five minute ride but man what a difference. It feels nice and does add enough leg room where I am now just about all day comfortable on this scooter. I just have to throw on my mirror extenders and adjust the bars a bit and voila, what a fun bike. It's not pretty or fast or....well who cares what it's not. It's just fun. Extend the mirrors, add a k&n air filter (already have it) and run a few courses of sea foam trough the tank and I'm done touching it until the end of summer.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:53 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

Did the spring come with the pegs? Also some had reported with other lowering pegs that the brake lever would not go low enough without cutting the adjustment bolt shorter. What did you find? Can you get the brake lever level with the pegs?

I am debating doing the same pegs.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:52 pm 

The longer spring does come with it. I had no getting the brake level even lower than the peg. It took a lot of turning but no problem and I like it lower than the peg and even that was not a problem. It feels really nice for me.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:55 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

I wanted to retain the rubber vibe damper bushings and cut a 1.6" section out if the factory brackets and welded a bridge over the brake pedal to clear the lower peg. Got a shorter spring from McMaster-Carr (not shown in photo), bent the stock brake light spring to length and got everything powder coated.

It was a little bit more work than just buying aftermarket perches but I like the stock parts better and just reworked them. If I were to buy aftermarket perches it would be the ones from Wirts Wire that Pro-Cyle sells.

While not huge, it did add more leg room and a shorter reach for the bars while standing but kept the bars at the stock height while sitting which for me is better on long trips. Also lowers the CG of the bike & rider when standing for better control. The only downside is the pegs are more apt to get caught in a deep rut but going thru one deep enough is not something your likely to encounter very often.

Lowered pegs should be on everyone's DR "to do" list I can't figure why the factory placed them so high to begin with.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:05 pm 

LA Thumper wrote:
I wanted to retain the rubber vibe damper bushings and cut a 1.6" section out if the factory brackets and welded a bridge over the brake pedal to clear the lower peg. Got a shorter spring from McMaster-Carr (not shown in photo), bent the stock brake light spring to length and got everything powder coated.

It was a little bit more work than just buying aftermarket perches but I like the stock parts better and just reworked them. If I were to buy aftermarket perches it would be the ones from Wirts Wire that Pro-Cyle sells.

While not huge, it did add more leg room and a shorter reach for the bars while standing but kept the bars at the stock height while sitting which for me is better on long trips. Also lowers the CG of the bike & rider when standing for better control. The only downside is the pegs are more apt to get caught in a deep rut but going thru one deep enough is not something your likely to encounter very often.

Lowered pegs should be on everyone's DR "to do" list I can't figure why the factory placed them so high to begin with.

Those look nice. Unfortunately ( or fortunately if you ask the fire department and meta) I am not that handy and wouldn't even know how to start.

I also think you're right about lowered pegs being on every owners list. It just so happens I have a near new pair of JNS lowering and rearward set back brackets for sale for a measly $75 shipped CONUs now. :biggrin: PM me if anyone is interested.