www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:23 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:46 am 
DR650 Limits Tester

so i went riding the other day and had a total change in heart...

Dont worry the DR is safe, id be lucky to get $5 out it not worth selling and way too fun, also it kind of spawned all this.

so for the first time in 16 years the im only have 1 motorcycle :OMG: :OMG: :OMG:

coming from having 10, 20.....even 30 bikes at a time this is very odd for me, hell i usually have multiple cars, multiple boats, and multiple motorcycles at a time. right now im down to my DR, Cayenne S, RX-8, and two sprinters one of which is getting traded to a Donzi tomorrow. and the RX-8 and Cayenne are sold pending completion of payment....so in all actuality im down to the DR and my sprinter......i have an empty nest.

last Thursday after work i went riding, i brought my DR and KX450f. i rode the Kawi first, checked out on all my riding buddies, ran a couple laps and boiled the junk factory brakes out of the front crashed rode the rest of the 14 mi lap with my buddies and then grabbed the DR. when i was on the Kawi i was thinking, this bike is great but riding alone way out front take all the fun out of riding and im not racing much right now so i got to thinking why do i have this thing.....it been a month since i started it last and right then i realized i've just been riding the DR and having a blast battling with all my friends on their race bike, so pretty much once again the old DR showed me the fun in riding and now the Kawi is gone.

this made me think about my cars, i love my Cayenne but only drive it to work and its bad on gas and i'd rather be on a motorcycle, and its insanely costly to insure........the RX-8 is not for me......and the 2nd sprinter hasn't moved for 6 months :s_thinking :idea:

so i realized, i think i just want my DR, sprinter, and one toy but im not sure what the toy is right now. who knows maybe this week's ride ill talk my self into a second DR lol

anyway just my mind having crazy thoughts while i ride again...

2006 DR650 Race Bike: FMF power bomb header, FMF power core 4, DDC and Race Tech springs, Cogent Mojave Pro Series, Ohllins spring, Pro taper bars, Clarke 3.7 tank, Seat Concepts seat, air box mod, Twin air filter, sumo fender, Acme Zoom panniers, off road gearing, Warp 9 Gold hubs and Black wheels, 320MM big brake kit, TM40 Carb, Mad Man Engineering built head, decked cylinder, engine assembled and tuned by VAR.

03 sprinter motobus
Donzi Z-25

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:42 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

you need this,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHixT8fiKSQ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:43 pm 
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Sometimes it can be hard to deal with selling your rides. Each one has it's own beauty and flaws, but if you came to the realization that it isn't bringing you the value and joy that you once found, I think you made the right decision to move on. It doesn't mean you can't get something else in the future. There is a certain calm that comes with simplicity. Enjoy it.

Congratulations on taking the leap!

Time to update the signature.

:2_thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:06 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Selling your rides is good, no worries. It's the start of a reboot of your collection.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:55 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

fotoguzzi wrote:

:rofl:

Moose Wrangle 2.0 :s_crazy Could you picture 6 of those going down the lake at night!!!

I'm sure you'll find another toy soon. How about a 1200 "Dual"- Sportster :spiteful:

2011 DR650, ProTaper Henry/Reed, Bark Busters, 12v outlet, Cogent adjustable preload caps, .525's w/ DDC's, Acerbis sumo fender, Acerbis 5.3, Ricochet skidplate, Procycle case armor, Open top airbox, Twin Air filter, Jetted Bst, x40F0x, FMF arrestor, Cogent rear shock, PVC tool tube, 250 taillight, D606's............Sometimes has a BBQ rack.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:44 am 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

fotoguzzi wrote:

Whatever he's got. I'll have one of them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:51 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

I sold off 4 bike last year and it felt great to do so.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:19 am 
Member Servant
Member Servant

Sometimes it's good to clear your palate so to speak. The best thing about getting rid of stuff is not having to have to maintain it always at the back of your mind. Now you'll have more time to ride your trusty DR. :good:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:47 am 
DR650 Limits Tester

well my friend buying the cayenne made another payment yesterday, same deal with the RX-8 and im going today to trade off my old sprinter for a Donzi Z25, cool looking boat and ive always been a Donzi fan so maybe it will be the new resident toy although that contraption above whatever it may be looks quite enticing. now about that Kawi......so the guy called me last night says hes afraid of it and is interested in knowing if i'd take the bike back, so im not sure how that will pan out but if i do take it back ill just pawn it off on craigslist im pretty set on just having the DR for a bit, i've been having so much fun on it lately i cant stop riding it.

.....Say anyone need a kx450f :s_biggrin

2006 DR650 Race Bike: FMF power bomb header, FMF power core 4, DDC and Race Tech springs, Cogent Mojave Pro Series, Ohllins spring, Pro taper bars, Clarke 3.7 tank, Seat Concepts seat, air box mod, Twin air filter, sumo fender, Acme Zoom panniers, off road gearing, Warp 9 Gold hubs and Black wheels, 320MM big brake kit, TM40 Carb, Mad Man Engineering built head, decked cylinder, engine assembled and tuned by VAR.

03 sprinter motobus
Donzi Z-25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:23 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I know how you feel, I tried downsizing once. Now I'm back to 3 bikes, just got a goldwing to take the wife for more rides and I'm really enjoying it. Sold my dr, ktm200 and gsxr750 since I was here last. I've got a hayabusa fighter project that never seems to be done, been over a year since I rode it and a te300 will be sold soon, just recovered from two broken collarbones and shoulder blade in the few years I've had it. Also lost my left wrist in a road crash since I was here last,, Time to act my age and get another dr I think :pardon: