www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:01 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:49 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

Seems like all the 2001 2002 gsxr 1000 cans are all taken. Has anyone tried Yamaha? Is there anything also small ish and not giant that can work? I see lots of stock R6 for sale but not sure of the weight or length so I sent out a few questions on ebay. I put a danmoto slip on yesterday which was a good price but it's a little loud. Maybe I'll try a baffle but I also need a spark arrestor with sticker maybe too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:25 pm 

I've got the hayabusa 24FO on mine. I got the procycle midpipe and adapter and I really like it. Definitely not too loud and is lighter than the stocker and much better flow. I think it will come off of any 2001-2008.

Attachments:
pipe.jpg
pipe.jpg [ 253.3 KiB | Viewed 227 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:26 pm 

It may not be smallish but it does look better when my saddlebags are on.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:44 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Along with the commonly used 40, 35 and 24 mufflers, the 33EO and 18G work very well! I've made midpipes for all these. Probably other Suzuki mufflers would also work. Nice to have Suzuki on them!

"Sold" 2011 DR650 GSXR #24, drilled slide, cut spring, modified stock needle, with cut air box, air assist forks, lowered pegs, stock tank,15-41. Still love working on them!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:02 am 
MSF Student
MSF Student

Auscanvet wrote:
Along with the commonly used 40, 35 and 24 mufflers, the 33EO and 18G work very well! I've made midpipes for all these. Probably other Suzuki mufflers would also work. Nice to have Suzuki on them!

I was noticing a few newer nice looking mufflers. I guess the best ones for high flow would be from bikes with a 4 to 1 exhaust versus dual stock mufflers. I see an 18G1 on ebay or whatever that 2003 gsxr 1000 one is for a decent price. Friend with a dr has a mufller shop make the midpipe for $80 so pretty decent price.

I was wondering what other stock mufflers were also made with titanium so smaller and lighter that weren't necessarily Suzuki but maybe there aren't any. At least none under 10 lbs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:53 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

jeffrimerman wrote:
Auscanvet wrote:

I was noticing a few newer nice looking mufflers. I guess the best ones for high flow would be from bikes with a 4 to 1 exhaust versus dual stock mufflers. I see an 18G1 on ebay or whatever that 2003 gsxr 1000 one is for a decent price. Friend with a dr has a mufller shop make the midpipe for $80 so pretty decent price.

I was wondering what other stock mufflers were also made with titanium so smaller and lighter that weren't necessarily Suzuki but maybe there aren't any. At least none under 10 lbs.

Most guys stay away from the 18G because of the size. If your mate can make a Midpipe then go for the 18g as it has titanium inside and an outlet size bigger than the #40 so will flow the best of any gsxr muffler.

"Sold" 2011 DR650 GSXR #24, drilled slide, cut spring, modified stock needle, with cut air box, air assist forks, lowered pegs, stock tank,15-41. Still love working on them!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:41 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Someone, maybe here on DRR, not sure, fitted a late ZX10R muffler with apparent good results. Looked good in pics.