www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:35 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:54 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:21 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Pennsylvania
ProCycle wrote:
zeon wrote:
...Followed the ProCycle instructions to the letter....
Including the last part? Where it talks about testing and tuning the setup for your particular bike? :s_cool


LOL, hard to do a full test as the bike still lacks headlight, taillight, working turn signals and license place, so I've been limited to quick spins in my neighborhood and back in garage before someone calls the law. Alternative would be I'd have to tow it out to the woods, which I may have to resort to.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:52 pm 
Offline
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 4907
Location:
You can't do any tuning or even evaluate your setup without being able to get the motor fully warmed up - which takes at least 5-10 miles of spirited riding. Then you have to do 'real world' testing. So if " it only stumbles when twisted rapidly." is you whacking the throttle wide open with the bike sitting in the garage in neutral you aren't really testing anything.

_________________
Everything for your DR650 and lots of other keen stuff!
DR900 Stroker Project
TurboDiesel Corvette


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:45 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:21 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Pennsylvania
ProCycle wrote:
You can't do any tuning or even evaluate your setup without being able to get the motor fully warmed up - which takes at least 5-10 miles of spirited riding. Then you have to do 'real world' testing. So if " it only stumbles when twisted rapidly." is you whacking the throttle wide open with the bike sitting in the garage in neutral you aren't really testing anything.


Well, thanks ... I WAS born at night, but not LAST night. If you read my original post, while i didn't do "spirited" riding I road around the block a few times (bike is not legal yet), so is was off-choke and pretty well warmed up. So thank you captain obvious.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:32 pm 
Offline
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 4907
Location:
Just trying to help. :s_dunno

Lots of riders throw in a jet kit then blip the throttle in the garage and head directly for the internet saying they have a problem.

_________________
Everything for your DR650 and lots of other keen stuff!
DR900 Stroker Project
TurboDiesel Corvette


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:14 am 
Offline
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:27 pm
Posts: 368
Location: Ventura, CA
There was a post a while back about a similar problem that turned out to be the little breather/filter on top of the airbox instead of away from it. Per the instructions, it should be AWAY from the openings in the airbox.


BTW.. for future posts, you may want to tone down the comments like this or you'll never get any help. And for the record, yes, procycle is one of the foremost authorities on this board.
zeon wrote:
Well, thanks ... I WAS born at night, but not LAST night. If you read my original post, while i didn't do "spirited" riding I road around the block a few times (bike is not legal yet), so is was off-choke and pretty well warmed up. So thank you captain obvious.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:48 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:21 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Pennsylvania
Hey, so that tip worked, in reassembling the bike, I had done that wrong.

Thanks for the info on posting, it's just a bit frustrating when you do searches first, then take the time to post all the facts about the problem and your mods, and then someone meaning well tells you something goofy like "warm up the bike first".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:46 am 
Offline
Member Servant
Member Servant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 9558
Location: Mackinaw City, MI, USA
zeon wrote:
"Replace original jet needle w ProCycle kit, set clip on groove #4 from tip of needle".
Needle clip positions are stated counting down from the top... if you are in position 4 from the tip of the needle that's pretty lean...

_________________
- mxrob -


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:26 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:21 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Pennsylvania
mxrob wrote:
zeon wrote:
"Replace original jet needle w ProCycle kit, set clip on groove #4 from tip of needle".
Needle clip positions are stated counting down from the top... if you are in position 4 from the tip of the needle that's pretty lean...


OK, thanks for that info, I will move it a position or two.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



Forum hosting by ProphpBB | Software by phpBB | Report Abuse | Privacy