www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:35 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:54 pm 

ProCycle wrote:
zeon wrote:
...Followed the ProCycle instructions to the letter....
Including the last part? Where it talks about testing and tuning the setup for your particular bike? :s_cool

LOL, hard to do a full test as the bike still lacks headlight, taillight, working turn signals and license place, so I've been limited to quick spins in my neighborhood and back in garage before someone calls the law. Alternative would be I'd have to tow it out to the woods, which I may have to resort to.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:52 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

You can't do any tuning or even evaluate your setup without being able to get the motor fully warmed up - which takes at least 5-10 miles of spirited riding. Then you have to do 'real world' testing. So if " it only stumbles when twisted rapidly." is you whacking the throttle wide open with the bike sitting in the garage in neutral you aren't really testing anything.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:45 pm 

ProCycle wrote:
You can't do any tuning or even evaluate your setup without being able to get the motor fully warmed up - which takes at least 5-10 miles of spirited riding. Then you have to do 'real world' testing. So if " it only stumbles when twisted rapidly." is you whacking the throttle wide open with the bike sitting in the garage in neutral you aren't really testing anything.

Well, thanks ... I WAS born at night, but not LAST night. If you read my original post, while i didn't do "spirited" riding I road around the block a few times (bike is not legal yet), so is was off-choke and pretty well warmed up. So thank you captain obvious.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:32 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Lots of riders throw in a jet kit then blip the throttle in the garage and head directly for the internet saying they have a problem.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:14 am 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

There was a post a while back about a similar problem that turned out to be the little breather/filter on top of the airbox instead of away from it. Per the instructions, it should be AWAY from the openings in the airbox.

BTW.. for future posts, you may want to tone down the comments like this or you'll never get any help. And for the record, yes, procycle is one of the foremost authorities on this board.
zeon wrote:
Well, thanks ... I WAS born at night, but not LAST night. If you read my original post, while i didn't do "spirited" riding I road around the block a few times (bike is not legal yet), so is was off-choke and pretty well warmed up. So thank you captain obvious.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:48 pm 

Hey, so that tip worked, in reassembling the bike, I had done that wrong.

Thanks for the info on posting, it's just a bit frustrating when you do searches first, then take the time to post all the facts about the problem and your mods, and then someone meaning well tells you something goofy like "warm up the bike first".

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:46 am 
Member Servant
Member Servant

zeon wrote:
"Replace original jet needle w ProCycle kit, set clip on groove #4 from tip of needle".
Needle clip positions are stated counting down from the top... if you are in position 4 from the tip of the needle that's pretty lean...

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:26 pm 

mxrob wrote:
zeon wrote:
"Replace original jet needle w ProCycle kit, set clip on groove #4 from tip of needle".
Needle clip positions are stated counting down from the top... if you are in position 4 from the tip of the needle that's pretty lean...

OK, thanks for that info, I will move it a position or two.