www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:28 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A good laugh
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:34 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

Just thought you could use a good laugh. Pulled up to a 4 way stop yesterday, cop to right and one across from me.  Started to put my left foot down and pants leg hung on the foot peg, so down I go. Peg was on my ankle and I was sorta pinned. Cop across from me sees what has happened and comes to picks bike up enough for me to get my leg out. Looks at me and says "you usually ride a Harley don't you?" I said yes and he said, you might want to go back to it. We all had a good laugh, and I rode home, but damn my ankle is sore today.  :s_laughat  joe

Post subject: Re: A good laugh
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:06 pm 
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Glad you are alright.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:54 am 
Member Servant
Member Servant

The ego will take longer to heal than the ankle... :s_laughat Thanks for sharing a chuckle at your expense. :2_thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:32 am 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

Stuff like that NEVER happen when no one is around. Surprised it didn't happen at a high school girls soccer event. :rofl:

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:46 am 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

try that on a 2007 ST 1300,at a red light,in 100 degree weather during rush hour traffic in San Antonio Texas. :rofl:

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:22 pm 
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

viffer07 wrote:
try that on a 2007 ST 1300,at a red light,in 100 degree weather during rush hour traffic in San Antonio Texas. :rofl:

No thank you. I never knew my 07 ST1300 was heavy until I bought my DR. My Tiger 800 is a little top heavy also.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:31 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Try dropping your ZG1000 Concours 2 times in 2 minutes in front of family and friends, gravity sucks...

2 nuts, 2 wheels, 2 beers...
OK, so what's the speed of dark?
You gotta have SACS to ride a DR!

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:35 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Todd157k wrote:
Stuff like that NEVER happen when no one is around. Surprised it didn't happen at a high school girls soccer event. :rofl:

That said,

few months ago I was having some fun in one of the smaller canyons in the Santa Monica Mountains. Stopped for a smoke break by the side of the road. I stepped off my bike and as I did the bike rolled forward, off the sidestand (forgot to put it in first). Yes it wasn't flat there. I skeet back to catch my bike but too late. The bike fell, and so did I, with the bike ON my boot.

Took me quite some time to get my foot back from under the bike, and get the DR back up. Sweaty like an ox, as it was close too 100 degrees out there....

No one saw it ever happen, and the bike came out unscratched. :s_biggrin

(so basically I gave my life to save the mighty DR)

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 6:25 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Max Kool wrote:
Todd157k wrote:

That said,

few months ago I was having some fun in one of the smaller canyons in the Santa Monica Mountains. Stopped for a smoke break by the side of the road. I stepped off my bike and as I did the bike rolled forward, off the sidestand (forgot to put it in first). Yes it wasn't flat there. I skeet back to catch my bike but too late. The bike fell, and so did I, with the bike ON my boot.

Took me quite some time to get my foot back from under the bike, and get the DR back up. Sweaty like an ox, as it was close too 100 degrees out there....

No one saw it ever happen, and the bike came out unscratched. :s_biggrin

(so basically I gave my life to save the mighty DR)
It don't count if no one saw it. :s_cool

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:14 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

About 10 years ago I went to visit a buddy on my dual-sport-kitted KDX. The house shared a parking lot with the movie theater and a bar. If I remember correctly a movie was starting soon, as it seemed like there was 2000 people walking through the lot (it was probably more like 10, as the lot probably only holds 50-60 parking spots). Rolled up, went to put my foot down, pant leg caught on peg, and I thrashed about wildly as slowly (and then much more quickly) tipped over. Luckily wasn't close enough to the car next to me to hit it. That was have made me feel even dumber than the already 100% idiocy I was feeling at that moment.

Same bike, different time. They resurfaced the lot at work and the new black tar was slick. I felt like a hero drifting around in the back lot before anyone was there. Leaving that afternoon I though I'd be cool and power slide around the end of the parking isle. 3rd gear, little clutch action, and there's the ground. What was most amazing is that I felt like I couldn't have been going 20 mph, but slide something like 55 ft, ground through my pants at the hip, through my winter coat and sweatshirt, and through my dirt bike glove and half my pinky. Of course non of that was noticed till I got home, as I am not even sure the bike and I were done sliding and I was lifting it up and getting the hell out of there. Never let go of the bars or clutch..

Then there's stupid BMX bike stuff....