www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:27 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

1. Vendors please adhere to our std forum rules.
2. Please keep all business related advertising in this section.
3. Links back to this section will be allowed as appropriate in other sections.
4. Please use this section for vendor/member feedback.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:34 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Since we had good results with our group buys for the 790 kit and TM40 carburetor I'm going to try to make this a semi-regular thing.

This time around ProCycle is offering a special group buy deal on Leo Vince mufflers. These mufflers are quieter than other aftermarket (only our own SS-1 is quieter) and do not require any repacking.

NOTE: Because there is a minimum advertised price (MAP) agreement on Leo Vince products I can't post here exactly what the promotional price is but it's deeply discounted.

Um.... if someone else not connected to ProCycle were to mention it in a post here - well, that's not me violating the MAP Image

Here’s the scoop:
The Leo Vince group buy price is $xxx (regularly $475.95). We need to sign up at least 15 buyers to make it pencil out. A minimum $100 deposit is required (or just pay in full). Once we have 15 committed buyers we will start shipping those orders and the buy-in window will remain open until April 28 for additional folks to get in on the deal. If we don’t get 15 buyers on the list by April 28 all orders will be canceled and refunded.

Because of the discounted price the group buy Leo Vince does not qualify for free US standard shipping. Want free shipping? Add another $300 worth of goodies to your order and get standard shipping at no charge.

How to order:
Call the ProCycle sales line 541.688.9543 or email to the sales staff at info@procycle.us
Let us know you want to be part of the group buy and the sales staff will take it from there.
They can take your card number, send you a PayPal request or send you a link to a secure external payment screen.

I'll post any updates in this thread.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:27 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Can you PM the price. I'm interested but not blindly? It'd also be a shame if I inadvertently let the price slip in another thread to help this along.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:18 pm 

I was quoted $369.00 plus shipping for the group buy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:29 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:52 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

YELLOWCARBON wrote:
I was quoted $369.00 plus shipping for the group buy.

So was I....seems like I should get in on this :2_thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:09 am 
MSF Student
MSF Student

OK OKok.... I'm lazy and didn't search the forum. But surely I'm not the only one wondering...

What are the benefits/drawbacks of this pipe over a stocker? Are there 'suggested' tuning mods as well?

Hop Along

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:26 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Hop Along wrote:
OK OKok.... I'm lazy and didn't search the forum. But surely I'm not the only one wondering...

What are the benefits/drawbacks of this pipe over a stocker? Are there 'suggested' tuning mods as well?

- Hop Along

- Weight saving and better flow are pluses

- More noise could be a plus or minus (loud pipes loose rights but from my understanding these mufflers are not terrible loud)

- "Popping" on decal will be more noticeable (some like this noise, I personally hate it)

I would suggest that if you are running the stock carb shimming the needle, properly adjust the A/F screw and maybe bump the letting on increment. You may also want to open the air box to allow more air into the motor as you are now able to flow more air (at the cost of intake noise). This will definitely require rejetting one maybe two size bigger. You may also want to address the header weld if you are going to retain the stock header it is another choke point.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:20 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Hop Along wrote:

Hop Along

weight, and restrictive air flow. there was noticeable increase in smoothness in throttle when i got my gsxr setup. if i didnt have it i'd be all over this in an instant

poping can happen, if you adjust your habits it nothing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:56 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

I have the X-3 on my DR.
With the 'street' insert in the bike is not noisy at all. It is quite mellow. My son cannot hear my bike when we ride together, he wonders if the DR is running at stop lights.

Enjoy the pipe

=)