www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:03 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello from Wyoming!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:56 am 

My name is Andrew, but I call my DR650 Rudrick. Like most people I'm a man of limited means, so I sold my dream car to get my DR. I used to own a 1978 Volkswagen Microbus. It was in good condition for its age, but required more time and know-how than I had to give it. So a German guy named Claus came to the US, bought my bus, and shipped it back to Germany where they're still very popular and are having trouble keeping them in good condition due to ice-melt on the roads.

Anyway, I've seen people call their DR's "Max" "Rex" "Rosie" and the like. I gave mine the name "Rudrick" because it was unique, and I have every intention of picking and choosing the mods that will make my DR as unique as the name.

I live in Sheridan, WY. I'm very excited to begin my adventures exploring the Big Horn Mountains on my DR, but I'm most excited to recreate the same memories for my kids that my Dad gave me when I was young, on the back of a Honda XR500!

If you're ever in the area, feel free to send me an e-mail or PM. I'd be happy to meet with you and grab a cup of coffee!

Here are my three favorite (at current time) YouTube channels pertaining to DR's or enduro riding:

Biker Bits - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT_0Jq ... oNcUhMXpVA
Adventure OZ - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc32Jp ... y64s_54eDw
Cross Training Enduro Skills - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJAvmh ... KY8vTEJPJg

Post subject: Re: Hello from Wyoming!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:04 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

Welcome from S. Carolina. New to the forum and DR myself. Been riding since '65, but mostly Harleys. It don't matter what I call mine, it doesn't come to me it just sits there. :s_biggrin :s_biggrin joe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:09 pm 

central joe wrote:
Welcome from S. Carolina. New to the forum and DR myself. Been riding since '65, but mostly Harleys. It don't matter what I call mine, it doesn't come to me it just sits there. :s_biggrin :s_biggrin joe

Thanks Joe! I'm actually talking to Cogent Dynamics just north of you in NC about some suspension upgrades. Don't know if I'll ever be down in your neck of the woods again (lived in the ATL for 7 of the last 11 years) but if I am I'll look you up! I'm also new to my DR, but it feels like a long time because I spent months researching and planning before I found the right buy. Still waiting on the finality of that transaction though as the previous owner had a loan. Expecting the title in the mail any day now. Then it's official!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:19 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

Welcome!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:54 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Welcome to the forum, good choice of bike for your area. I'm in Sheridan a half dozen weekends a year, hopefully we can hit up some trails together this year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:04 pm 

Thanks George! Actually, the next time your doing a safety course in Sheridan I might try to get in on it to help lower my insurance cost. How would I go about finding out when the next course is offered?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:47 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Rudrick wrote:
Thanks George! Actually, the next time your doing a safety course in Sheridan I might try to get in on it to help lower my insurance cost. How would I go about finding out when the next course is offered?

Call Jennifer @ 307-777-4874 and she'll get you squared away. It's a fun class and even if you e been riding for years you can still learn something. I enjoy the classes immensely, I've hardly ever had a class that wasn't fun!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:10 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Welcome to the forum Andrew and I hope you find the manuals useful, I know you will. :s_cool

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:13 pm 

WoodRat wrote:
Welcome to the forum Andrew and I hope you find the manuals useful, I know you will. :s_cool

Thanks WoodRat. I've already skimmed some of the corrections and I'm positive they will come in very handy. Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:06 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

:drinks: