www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:04 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:08 pm 

Well, here we are in another new year, with just under two weeks to go until the Spring Adventure Ride is here again. Since time is wasting, and throttle hands are getting twitchy, I thought that I had better get the show on the road, and finally post up this Ride thread.

Mike and I have another good route plan in the works. It includes all of the usual suspects such as; great roads in the form of asphalt, dirt and gravel, some optional trails for anyone that has off road experience, a couple of play areas along the way, and of course, all of the ball busting that you can dish out!

We will be meeting in the parking lot of the Sheetz at Halifax Pa, at the intersection of routes PA225 and PA147. Please arrive early enough to get gas, load your roll chart, and hang out and get reacquainted. Like always we will have a brief riders meeting, and then get under way by 0900.

The ride ends at the Love's travel center, which is just off of Route 81 exit 90, near Jonestown, Pa. We hope to see a bunch of you come out and enjoy the day with us again. Any questions? Fire away!

Date:............ Saturday April 8th

Start:............ Sheetz, 3586 Peters Mtn Rd, Halifax, Pa 17032
GPS: 40.4475-76.9314

Time:............ Riders meeting 8:45, Kick stands up 9:00

Mileage:........ 185 miles

Terrain:......... Asphalt, gravel, dirt, Mtn. passes, rocks, water and mud. (you know. all the good stuff)

Type %:......... About 63% asphalt, and 37% other

Route:........... Can't tell ya yet!

Finish:........... Love's Travel Center, 22 Old Forge Rd. Jonestown, Pa 17038 (exit 90 off I-81)
GPS: 40.450927,-76.514354

Length:.......... About 8 hours

We will have three or four optional trails, which means that everyone will have a choice at those sections to either stay on the main route, or take a more adventurous optional route. These areas will be explained at the riders meeting, and will be clearly marked on the roll chart.

Lunch will be at the fast food joint of your choice in Shamokin, Pa ..... Pizza Hut, McDonald's, Burger King or any other place you may know of in town. It's your choice.

You can expect some great fun and twisty asphalt, sprinkled with some rocky Mtn. passes, groomed gravel roads, not so groomed gravel and dirt roads, rocky roads, great scenery, awesome views, and some opional challenges for those who want them.

All in all it should be a great day on the bikes with friends, and Mike and I are both looking forward to sharing the day with you all.

Thanks for all of the support.
Frank

IN

RickB1975, dollar99, Bang42, ADVwanaB, snowman318, Doc.C, jdub, jms78, Lucas71, ryder1, Funbronco, jvrohrer, Racer111v, mslow, Jerm21, TrailRoad, tjzondrz, Forsche, ddavidv, stbob, ironbutt84, Steel Stallion, beantop, SloRonStinkypants, LostInPA, Mac77, Smitty85, JRedding, levy46, Mikey, spike55, Bix505, pa_rider, chudzikb, Tall Man, PerazziMx14, N3YMY,

Last edited by racer43 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:15 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Went last year and while it was a easy ride (a guy on a full dress Harley did everything even the stream crossings) still had a ton of fun. I'm planning on attending again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:14 pm 

PerazziMx14 wrote:
Went last year and while it was a easy ride (a guy on a full dress Harley did everything even the stream crossings) still had a ton of fun. I'm planning on attending again.

Glad you had fun, and glad to hear that you will be attending again this year. We will have some optional routes this year, that are a little more challenging than the main route.

Last edited by racer43 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:32 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

racer43 wrote:
Glad you had fun, and glad to hear that you will be attending again this year. We will have some opional routes this year, that are a little more challenging than the main route.

Most excellent!

I'm in as well...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:45 pm 

N3YMY wrote:
racer43 wrote:
Glad you had fun, and glad to hear that you will be attending again this year. We will have some opional routes this year, that are a little more challenging than the main route.

Most excellent!

I'm in as well...

Nice :2_thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:09 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

That sounds fun but seems like too far for me. Sounds really fun.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:13 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

nc rick wrote:
That sounds fun but seems like too far for me. Sounds really fun.

It was awesome!

The options were robust and surprises such as the tree the fell and everyone had to squeeze under the triangle of space beneath it :good:

Small stop over at RACs Trevorton bony pile and a all around good time!

The Mojave Pro showed its colors again, can believe I used to take my DR off-road with the OEM shock. :OMG:

Should have came; a bunch of us stayed at the Twin Grove campground.

Perhaps next time...?

Hats off to racer43 and his crew for setting this up :good:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:21 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Had every intention of going until I looked at the weather for Saturday. The 70 mile freeway blast to get to the meetup spot in 30* to 35* temps was not too tempting.