www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 6:42 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:00 pm 
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Don't forget to check your needle valve and seat. :old: otherwise Keep us informed on what progresses. :lurk:
Good luck :2_thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:17 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

Went out today for a giggle and sprayed some starting fluid directly into the intake , carb off still waiting on a rebuild, and kicked her over, didn't even fart. Still thinking it may be some sort of spark problem may be due to the dead battery?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:13 pm 
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

engines need 3 things to fire properly. oxygen , fuel and ignition. I thought that you said that you had spark? I know that you have fuel with the starting fluid, and you have oxygen with the carb off. How did you test your spark? with a gap tester, or a light? :s_dunno charge your battery and try to start it. one sure way to test the spark is to take the spark plugs out of the engine and leave them attached to the coil wires. Ground out the spark plugs against the engine and crank it over. You should have a bright blue spark.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:26 am 
MSF Student
MSF Student

I have tested it by the last method.it was during the day, although I did see spark I'm starting to lean towards the ignition system because it wouldn't fart with starting fluid. Maybe it's not sparking enough?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:30 am 
MSF Student
MSF Student

I'll charge the battery tomorrow and on Friday I'm getting a gasket set,I soaked the carb in brake cleaner all night and day, so just waiting on the gasket set, gonna get the carb back on with new gaskets and properly tuned on Friday evening along with fixing the header bolt and I'll get back to y'all with the results. Also gonna rinse the tank and put fresh gas even tho the gas that was in it smelled and looked very fresh. If I can't get her to fire up, there is a local bike shop that will diagnose it for $75. Kinda worth it to have a respectable mechanic look at it, he may be able to find things I couldn't.