www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:06 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:32 pm 

Thanks everyone. Awaiting approval at advrider.com bongodave. In the meantime I found this one https://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/6007540585.html ,
only 8 hours away from me :(

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:49 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Continue looking around.

I paid $3000 cash for a clean 2009 with $2600 in mods, in Procycle dollars, a year ago. I was very lucky. It runs like a top.

My first ride was a 90 mile trip home, with my friend following me in my car. Easy.

I love the Sargent seat. If I could only have one mod, it would be the seat.

People will be selling them cheap next month. Take your time, save your pennies, and get something that's already going down your path.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:17 am 
Member Servant
Member Servant

Welcome to DRRiders.com Ironhead! :howdy:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:20 am 

I'll keep looking. That one near Denver looks pretty awesome...nearly every mod I would want to do already, including the maintenance stuff like the C/S seal retainer and the NSU bolts. I think he is a little steep at $3500 though, for an 01, even with the Sargent seat and Acerbis tank. Mileage is pretty good though (13.5K), and there is the bit that he is 8 hours away. He does still have it though...I emailed him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:20 am 

Thanks mxrob!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:54 am 
Map & Manual Master Moderator

Ironhead wrote:
Thanks everyone. Awaiting approval at advrider.com bongodave. In the meantime I found this one https://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/6007540585.html ,
Fixed the link ... that is a good looking bike with nice upgrades, and 13,750 is low mileage. Around here that would be a very fair price. You may find a better deal by waiting, but personally I would rather pay a little more for something that is well taken care than spend it fixing up a beater.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:07 am 

That's a nice ride bongobob....think I like the one in Denver better, and it's a bit closer. Thanks for keeping an eye out though!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:12 am 

WoodRat wrote:
Ironhead wrote:
Fixed the link ... that is a good looking bike with nice upgrades, and 13,750 is low mileage. Around here that would be a very fair price. You may find a better deal by waiting, but personally I would rather pay a little more for something that is well taken care than spend it fixing up a beater.

Thanks Woodrat. Ya it's pretty well set up how I would want, with the exception of the lower pegs and taller bars, but that is easily remedied. Its a tad higher price than I want to pay, but it's loaded with the right mods too. Do you think $3000 would be a lowball?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:18 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Welcome! My dad grew up in Billings, beautiful place! Haven't been there since I was a very young boy, have been wanting to drive through the area for years - closest I've been getting is my band's yearly trip to Boise.

Anyhow, thought I'd put it out there that it's ok to buy new, as well - it's what I did - and to perrazi's comment, it is because I "couldn't afford it" at the time, but I HAD to have it. The good news is that Suzuki does 0% financing very frequently - and with the right approach, it's possible to get significant reduction in price. I can't remember exactly, but I think I paid just under 6k out the door at 0% apr for 5 years. Ive had a dozen motorcycles in and out of my garage, but this was the first one I bought brand new - and I have no regrets. I know exactly what has been done to it, how it's been cared for and maintained, and I modified it specifically to my own desires. Low monthly payments have made room in my budget for all the mods I can ask for.

I will say though, that knowing what I know, and assuming better financial standing than at the time of my last purchase, the next time I buy a DR (and there will be another time, make no mistake), it will likely be used. I'll be looking specifically for the ultra low mileage garage queen purchased from someone with gray hair and a broken collar bone.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:09 pm 

bongodave wrote:
Continue looking around.

I paid $3000 cash for a clean 2009 with $2600 in mods, in Procycle dollars, a year ago. I was very lucky. It runs like a top.

My first ride was a 90 mile trip home, with my friend following me in my car. Easy.

I love the Sargent seat. If I could only have one mod, it would be the seat.

People will be selling them cheap next month. Take your time, save your pennies, and get something that's already going down your path.

Thanks bongo. Yes, I need to be patient and see what pops up. I also need to go test ride some stuff too. It might be that the DR isn't right for me.
I also have not ruled out new, but it would have to be a nutty good deal.