www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:12 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

1. Vendors please adhere to our std forum rules.
2. Please keep all business related advertising in this section.
3. Links back to this section will be allowed as appropriate in other sections.
4. Please use this section for vendor/member feedback.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:31 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

I like the finned covers,nice work.Ever think about a finned oil filter cover?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:41 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Got 'em today. Love the look and quality. I'll show pics of them mounted once I put them on. Prettier than expected! I'm a happy customer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:46 pm 
Member Servant
Member Servant

Blingtastic! :s_yes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:49 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

You can't really see them with the tank on, but they're there, dissipating heat from a hot part of the motor that has no cooling fins.

I like 'em! :2_thumbsup:

The only issue was that the fins are so close to the bolts, you have to use an open end wrench, because a socket won't fit in there. You can still get them tight enough, no problem. With any cover or plug, they only have to be tight enough to stay put and not leak.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:49 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

bongodave wrote:
The only issue was that the fins are so close to the bolts, you have to use an open end wrench, because a socket won't fit in there. You can still get them tight enough, no problem. With any cover or plug, they only have to be tight enough to stay put and not leak.

Why not swap the bolts for Allen-head fasteners?

2010 Black DR650 - Raptor Petcock...MSR skid plate...Stock chain-roller removed/"Seat Concepts" seat kit/Lower ball-bearing roller/AMP case armor/Pro-Moto rack/Twin Air filter/520 conversion/TM40 pumper carb/8.3 Rear spring/ProCycle Case saver/WARP 9 bar-risers/IMS 4.9 gal Tank/Homemade Chainguard topic15058.html NSU Fix topic14597.html NSU Fix re-visited topic14828.html
DR_Rider blog: https://dr650rider.blogspot.ca/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:20 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

DR_Rider wrote:
bongodave wrote:

Good idea. I'll have to look into that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:59 pm 

DR_Rider wrote:
bongodave wrote:

I thought about including Allen bolts, but figured it's more common for people to have a wrench/pliers/crescent wrench to remove stock style bolts if they ever need to service the valves in the field.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:51 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

sdubfid wrote:
I thought about including Allen bolts, but figured it's more common for people to have a wrench/pliers/crescent wrench to remove stock style bolts if they ever need to service the valves in the field.

Not a problem...
In my case, I have changed over many of the fasteners to Allen-heads and I carry the necessary tools to remove them.
I guess this is why everyone's tool-pack is similar, but different! :scratch:

2010 Black DR650 - Raptor Petcock...MSR skid plate...Stock chain-roller removed/"Seat Concepts" seat kit/Lower ball-bearing roller/AMP case armor/Pro-Moto rack/Twin Air filter/520 conversion/TM40 pumper carb/8.3 Rear spring/ProCycle Case saver/WARP 9 bar-risers/IMS 4.9 gal Tank/Homemade Chainguard topic15058.html NSU Fix topic14597.html NSU Fix re-visited topic14828.html
DR_Rider blog: https://dr650rider.blogspot.ca/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:16 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

sdubfid wrote:
DR_Rider wrote:
bongodave wrote:

You know, I think it would look a lot better with some nice shiny Allen head bolts, anyway. Adds to the bling, even if you rarely see it. You could include them, or offer them as an option, perhaps.

If anybody can tell me the size bolts to get, I'd appreciate it. I'm going to go buy some tools soon, so I'll try to get what will fit, too.

Anyway, I really like the pieces, in any case.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:42 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

I looked to see what size the bolts were, and stumbled onto this product. http://www.ebay.com/itm/262887771893

Went ahead and ordered it. Might just do the whole motor with it. This is getting bling-y, but the bike is my only indulgence, so it's okay. Right?

Heaven forbid you have to open the motor on the trail, but Allen wrenches are lighter, IMEx. There's some logic to it. Right?