www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:32 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:15 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

ridepate wrote:

The link in the article to the CPSC website still shows no deaths attributed to this.
https://www.cpsc.gov/recalls/2016/polar ... -vehicles/

The article also leaves out a lot of information. In the incident in the article did the RZR just burst into flames in Moab and kill these two women? Or did they cartwheel it off a cliff first? Even the lawfirm's own webpage doesn't cite this accident in their listings.
http://www.egclegal.com/practice-areas/ ... ts-lawyer/

Not saying Polaris doesn't have a problem and there aren't things that need fixing and compensation. Just saying I have a good distrust of media on many things, they have a way of ignoring facts and twisting perception.

Slightly related: some years back my wife's friend's ex-husband had their daughter for his weekend visitation a few town away. He and the baby were murdered. Sheriff public statements from the beginning said the suspect was found in the home and in custody. Many news outlets cherry picked info from the sheriff statements, then put out stories that made it sound like my wife's friend was a woman scorn that killed her ex and her own child. The murder was sickening, as was that fact that people, "reporters", would throw out black and white facts to make a more sensational story.

..end rant..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:04 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

adam728 wrote:
ridepate wrote:

The link in the article to the CPSC website still shows no deaths attributed to this.
https://www.cpsc.gov/recalls/2016/polar ... -vehicles/

The article also leaves out a lot of information. In the incident in the article did the RZR just burst into flames in Moab and kill these two women? Or did they cartwheel it off a cliff first? Even the lawfirm's own webpage doesn't cite this accident in their listings.
http://www.egclegal.com/practice-areas/ ... ts-lawyer/

Not saying Polaris doesn't have a problem and there aren't things that need fixing and compensation. Just saying I have a good distrust of media on many things, they have a way of ignoring facts and twisting perception.

Slightly related: some years back my wife's friend's ex-husband had their daughter for his weekend visitation a few town away. He and the baby were murdered. Sheriff public statements from the beginning said the suspect was found in the home and in custody. Many news outlets cherry picked info from the sheriff statements, then put out stories that made it sound like my wife's friend was a woman scorn that killed her ex and her own child. The murder was sickening, as was that fact that people, "reporters", would throw out black and white facts to make a more sensational story.

..end rant..

I understand your distrust in reporting. I was an avid side-by-side driver/owner/racer since 07 until last year. After owning 6 of them, 3-Polaris's. I've seen the fires first-hand. They (Polaris UTV's) are made up of mostly Chinese parts and have poor build quality. After getting rid of my last Polaris and buying a Kawasaki Teryx my son wanted a quad for Christmas...Made the mistake of buying another Polaris, Thinking surely the quads are better...Wrong! His Sportsman 90 was a loose piece of crap in 6-months. Sold it and bought him a Kawasaki Bayou 250. Just my preference. I'll never buy anything produced by them again.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:04 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

ridepate wrote:
They (Polaris UTV's) are made up of mostly Chinese parts and have poor build quality. After getting rid of my last Polaris and buying a Kawasaki Teryx my son wanted a quad for Christmas...Made the mistake of buying another Polaris, Thinking surely the quads are better...Wrong! His Sportsman 90 was a loose piece of crap in 6-months. Sold it and bought him a Kawasaki Bayou 250. Just my preference. I'll never buy anything produced by them again.

The flagship Polaris SxS's usually rate pretty well for build quality (fires aside!). But yea, the mid level and lower stuff is built to a price point. The kids stuff is built by Aeon (Taiwan). What issues did you have with the Sportsman 90? I just picked up one, plus a Predator 50, for the kids last month.