www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:12 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:38 am 
DR650 Limits Tester

its that time again, , this is the most fun race on the planet riders of all skills will be there come out and join. if you want to see some of my pics or other post from the last 3 years type in sandblast in the search box or check the links below.

http://www.sandblastrally.com/
http://www.nasarallysport.com/main/even ... last-Rally
https://www.facebook.com/SandblastRally/

this race is amazing, rally cars, trucks, and best of all motorcycles. it follows enduro format, and Baja style flat out racing on the sand roads or cheraw, chesterfield, and patrick South Carolina. this race is so fun, if anyone is interested in going let me know!

2006 DR650 Race Bike: FMF power bomb header, FMF power core 4, DDC and Race Tech springs, Cogent Mojave Pro Series, Ohllins spring, Pro taper bars, Clarke 3.7 tank, Seat Concepts seat, air box mod, Twin air filter, sumo fender, Acme Zoom panniers, off road gearing, Warp 9 Gold hubs and Black wheels, 320MM big brake kit, TM40 Carb, Mad Man Engineering built head, decked cylinder, engine assembled and tuned by VAR.

03 sprinter motobus
Donzi Z-25

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:37 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

Mr crash, what have you done to the beast to get it in shape?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:48 pm 
DR650 Limits Tester

new piston and rings, new cam and valves, Mad Man engineering Ported and polished head, and a deck cylinder courtesy of you :2_thumbsup:

ill be dropping off the bike Jan 1 to the guy who maintains our race bikes to go through it again, currently brakes are toast, chain and sprocket are toast........and like freaking clock work clutch and wheel bearings every 1000 miles or less lol

but i will say she rips motor wise!

2006 DR650 Race Bike: FMF power bomb header, FMF power core 4, DDC and Race Tech springs, Cogent Mojave Pro Series, Ohllins spring, Pro taper bars, Clarke 3.7 tank, Seat Concepts seat, air box mod, Twin air filter, sumo fender, Acme Zoom panniers, off road gearing, Warp 9 Gold hubs and Black wheels, 320MM big brake kit, TM40 Carb, Mad Man Engineering built head, decked cylinder, engine assembled and tuned by VAR.

03 sprinter motobus
Donzi Z-25

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:28 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

Great..that's what I wanted to hear.... :good:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:25 pm 
DR650 Limits Tester

Head down to outback this weekend for the first weekend of testing, I patched the bike together enough to get some testing done. Only 31 days out.

Goal for the weekend is to get the bike up to 100mph in the whooped out sandy turns down there and see how she acts and focus on the rear shock. I'm going to try running some different sag numbers, in the years past I've been running extra sag making he bike very stable but kind of clumsy in the corners and I have rode the bike more less flat track tt style pitching the bike sideways and for lack of a better term drifting the big sweepers. What I'm going to try is to set it up more like my race bike where she steers the front, more of a point and shoot one tire follows the other and see if I can hold the same speed or better in the corners. I'm not sure of the big 385lb dr will be stable at this speeds in the sand with less sag so that's what I'm going to test. I've got about an 2 mi loop mapped out down there that is similar to sandblast where I can take some lap times and try a few things.

Also going to be testing one a knobby for the first time, last few years I've ran a K270, wonderful tire but at the end of the 285mi race she is melted and I think it'd because it gets so hot in the sand so I've elected to try a good old fashion volcan enduro rear and a m59. Bridgstone front.

I've got. friend who records a lot of my rides and races I think is coming so hopefully I'll have some text footage for you. I'm stoked the new mod motor and a knobbie, hope she stays together.

Anyone who wants to come rode for the day shoot me a Pm. This place is pretty much on the nc/sc boarded near rockingham nc

03 sprinter motobus
Donzi Z-25

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:24 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:43 pm 
DR650 Limits Tester

well the bike broke about 5 minutes in lol, nothing really major. for some odd reason it seems to be building lots of crank case pressure, blew out crush washers on the oil line on the top of the clutch cover, cam seal, valve cover gasket, and counter shaft seal all at once. literally 5 passes, she was dry at the start, made 5 passes (about 3.5 miles) WFO 5th gear in the sand and the bike and i was absolutely covered in oil. besides that i quickly found out my counter shaft sprocket had no teeth left lol, that one was my mistake.

good news is the short period it stayed operational its held the speeds it needed in the sand, last year at sandblast the motor was so tired i couldn't get much over 80 mph out of it in the sand, this past weekend on the same junky trail tech she was reading 103 in deep beach sand. seems like the modded head, cylinder an carb made a difference.

03 sprinter motobus
Donzi Z-25

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:49 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

How is your crankcase vent? Still routed up under the tank and then back to the airbox? No kinks or pinched spots? The big DR moves a lot of air thru that little hose.

2 nuts, 2 wheels, 2 beers...
OK, so what's the speed of dark?
You gotta have SACS to ride a DR!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:29 pm 
DR650 Limits Tester

its all in its original location, and not pinched or kinked. we were thinking about removing the line all together and replacing it with just a breather filter and see in if that fixes our problem.

03 sprinter motobus
Donzi Z-25

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:07 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

How does the bike run right now? High crank pressure is usually a result of combustion gases slipping past the rings, valve seals or a melted piston.

'65 Honda CB160
'06 Honda CRF50F