www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:58 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:52 pm 
DR650 Limits Tester

it feels pretty dang strong, i was thinking blow as well but i just freshened up the top end there is no way its cooked already i hope.

2006 DR650 Race Bike: FMF power bomb header, FMF power core 4, DDC and Race Tech springs, Cogent Mojave Pro Series, Ohllins spring, Pro taper bars, Clarke 3.7 tank, Seat Concepts seat, air box mod, Twin air filter, sumo fender, Acme Zoom panniers, off road gearing, Warp 9 Gold hubs and Black wheels, 320MM big brake kit, TM40 Carb, Mad Man Engineering built head, decked cylinder, engine assembled and tuned by VAR.

03 sprinter motobus
Donzi Z-25

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:18 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

I think I would do a compression and leak down test for the records to check on things for the record.
That's racin'.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:05 am 
DR650 Limits Tester

unfortunately i agree, and we will be doing that this weekend

2006 DR650 Race Bike: FMF power bomb header, FMF power core 4, DDC and Race Tech springs, Cogent Mojave Pro Series, Ohllins spring, Pro taper bars, Clarke 3.7 tank, Seat Concepts seat, air box mod, Twin air filter, sumo fender, Acme Zoom panniers, off road gearing, Warp 9 Gold hubs and Black wheels, 320MM big brake kit, TM40 Carb, Mad Man Engineering built head, decked cylinder, engine assembled and tuned by VAR.

03 sprinter motobus
Donzi Z-25

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:51 pm 
DR650 Limits Tester

Well compression is good, I drained the oil and found a ton of gas in it so possibly what happened is it was over filled due to gas getting in there some how. I did leave the gas line in when I hauled it to the track so who knows. Well she got Fresh air and oil filter and is filled with amsoil and race gas, but there will be no training done this weekend sadly, I absolutely spaced out when ordering chain and sprockets and forgot about the rmz hubs and orders a sprocket for a dr......FML, so again I'll be riding the kawi this weekend I guess seat time is seat time :s_dunno

I'll tell you the bike an I have fought myself every bit of the way this year.

I forgot to mention I do have a back up plan if the dr fails next weekend, I've been offered to race a couple shops bikes........unfortunately they are bikes from the dark side and most likely manufactured on Halloween if you catch my drift.

03 sprinter motobus
Donzi Z-25