www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:04 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:52 pm 
Offline
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:27 pm
Posts: 399
Location: Ventura, CA
I just got one of those from Geek.com. $40. I plan on wearing it on very light trails only.. but I do like the "one piece" idea.

If anyone does get one from those guys.. 1 to 2 sizes larger than you normally wear. They run in Chinese men's sizes so a Large is a smaller Medium in the states.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:56 pm 
Offline
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:27 pm
Posts: 1315
Location: FM-19
fotoguzzi wrote:
in 1 word, Aerostich!

Eh?

Where's the mobility off-road riding requires?

Tried a R3 at their pop up in NJ a few years back; great for the road, but too restrictive for off-road IMHO...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:03 pm 
Offline
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:27 pm
Posts: 1315
Location: FM-19
Todd157k wrote:
No one ever "plans" on falling off and getting hurt. You can plan on being prepared for it.. just in case. Go find the threads from LostinPA.. and his "light" get-off. :crutch:

Heh! :s_rofl

Actually sound advice as he posts his fails so others can learn and not repeat his FAIL.

Rode with him at AOAA this past Sunday, he did not crash and he did not die. :good:

The terrain he was on was much gnarlier than his earlier fails, hill climbs and descents.

I'm actually proud of him.

Perhaps he will post pix of the "med kit" and what became of it after it fell of the back of the KLX... :s_wink


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:13 pm 
Offline
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:56 am
Posts: 533
Location: Minneapolis
N3YMY wrote:
fotoguzzi wrote:
in 1 word, Aerostich!

Eh?

Where's the mobility off-road riding requires?

Tried a R3 at their pop up in NJ a few years back; great for the road, but too restrictive for off-road IMHO...

I don't do the off roading you do but the Areostich suits have the best armor available.. I can live in my Roadcrafter day after day all day long in comfort..It's now around 15 years old, love it!
Combat boots too are the best IMHO.. Had a get off at 50 on pavement and it saved my knees and elbows, shoulder too.. still busted 2 ribs.. didn't have the back protector then..

Image

"TF energy absorbing material. This viscoelastic material is unique because the faster and harder it is struck, themore it will resist impact. Its remarkable characteristic of stiffening in high-speed impacts yet remaining soft and moldable for comfort make it the perfect choice for protective, comfortable body armor."


this coulda been my face..
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:59 am 
Offline
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:50 am
Posts: 857
Location: Michigan
Max Kool wrote:
Get a body protector. You can wear these under any motorcycle jacket after removing the original padding. Won't cost you an arm or a leg.

Image

Some knee protectors maybe and adventure/mx boots (boots are important!! They always get stuck under your bike)


After several years of fighting elbow guards that would never stay in place I finally went with an underarmor similar to pictured (mine's actually an Alpinestar Bionic). Never again will I flounder with separate roost guard (which isn't that great for protection), elbow guards, and kidney belt.


Like RamMan4x4 said, what you wear greatly depends on what your "off road" consists of.

_________________
2013 DR 650
Mostly stock, for now....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:46 pm 
Offline
MSF Student
MSF Student

Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:46 am
Posts: 31
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
fotoguzzi wrote:
N3YMY wrote:
fotoguzzi wrote:
in 1 word, Aerostich!

Eh?

Where's the mobility off-road riding requires?

Tried a R3 at their pop up in NJ a few years back; great for the road, but too restrictive for off-road IMHO...

I don't do the off roading you do but the Areostich suits have the best armor available.. I can live in my Roadcrafter day after day all day long in comfort..It's now around 15 years old, love it!
Combat boots too are the best IMHO.. Had a get off at 50 on pavement and it saved my knees and elbows, shoulder too.. still busted 2 ribs.. didn't have the back protector then..

Image

"TF energy absorbing material. This viscoelastic material is unique because the faster and harder it is struck, themore it will resist impact. Its remarkable characteristic of stiffening in high-speed impacts yet remaining soft and moldable for comfort make it the perfect choice for protective, comfortable body armor."


this coulda been my face..
Image

Not trying to be an ass but how do boots save knees elbows and shoulders? I've crashed at the racetrack before and boots didn't save me gear did


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:50 pm 
Offline
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:50 am
Posts: 857
Location: Michigan
Jmracing14 wrote:
Not trying to be an ass but how do boots save knees elbows and shoulders? I've crashed at the racetrack before and boots didn't save me gear did


I think he means his overall gear, including the Roadcrafter.

I would argue that combat boots offer crap for protection compared to real motorcycle boots. And that padded pants and jackets are superior in sliding falls, but inferior in falling on pointy rocks compared to kneed guards amd plastic underarmor.

_________________
2013 DR 650
Mostly stock, for now....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:12 pm 
Offline
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:56 am
Posts: 533
Location: Minneapolis
fotoguzzi wrote:

Not trying to be an ass but how do boots save knees elbows and shoulders? I've crashed at the racetrack before and boots didn't save me gear did
[/quote]
yeah, I should have put the comment on boots down at the bottom, they had nothing to do with elbows, knees etc.. and like I said- I don't off road like you guys, as a street boot that I can wear all day they are great..
kids in the hood don't do ATGATT,

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



Forum hosting by ProphpBB | Software by phpBB | Report Abuse | Privacy