www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:08 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:32 am 
Member Servant
Member Servant

Locknut wrote:
Were I wanting to spend as little money as possible but have my boat totally floated. . . it would be the change to a 19" front from a 21". . Stocker rear. A whole new world of road grip tyres in a 19" . . and in a moment you can put on a dirty tyre to do anything a DR would normally venture into. . .or anything in between. If I dinged up my 17" front tomorrow, I'd be lacing up a 19" to replace and be ok. A 110/.../19 would be nice.

+1 After riding a machine with a 17" all around setup I found it more nervous than necessary. I really never felt restricted by my 21" setup in the twisties so a 17" front would be overkill in that regard.... for me anyway. I think the 19" with the right tire could be the ultimate dual sport setup. :good:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:21 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

+1 After riding a machine with a 17" all around setup I found it more nervous than necessary. I really never felt restricted by my 21" setup in the twisties so a 17" front would be overkill in that regard.... for me anyway. I think the 19" with the right tire could be the ultimate dual sport setup. :good:[/quote]

I would tend to agree with this, particularly the 19" wheel recommendation. If I were to do it again, on this bike, I'd go 19" front and 17" rear. My reason has more to do with aesthetics though. A nice fat 19" will do well offroad, and your bike will look less like a chopper with the forks left at stock height (to maintain something close to the right trail).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:18 am 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

Have considered streetising my DR.
1. There seem to be a few 17"/19" combos, but does anyone use an 18" rear/19" front combo?
2. Are there any direct replacement wheels from another model/bike to use on the DR?

Cheers.