www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:22 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:49 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

droppointalpha wrote:
Magana wrote:
I am using 2180 for the D606 and it works pretty good for speed also double checked with distance travelled if Google is to be trusted for accuracy.

Cheers! :drinks:

Thanks for the input!

Dunlop D606: 2180 (I assume this is the factory 90/90-21 tire size?)

Yes it is, sorry I forgot to mention.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:20 pm 
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Magana wrote:
Yes it is, sorry I forgot to mention.

Oh not a problem. Thanks again for the contribution.

Todd157k wrote:
We had to write Trail Tech peeps to get instructions how to reset the unit. I figured this might be the appropriate place to store it. This is directly from TT:

SNIP

THANKS!

I will include this at the bottom of programming and notate its existence near the top as well as edit the title.

BobH wrote:
Great writeup, many thanks. Installed mine a couple of weeks ago as had a KPH speedo and needed MPH for UK registration. The only difference I made was to take power from the auxiliary socked behind the screen. Measured my TK80's and think I used 2166 (they are part worn) and it runs same as my GPS, so will swap to 2140 when fitting new.

I missed your comment earlier. I would notate that when using GPS, unless the unit shows tenths on display, it is easy to be 15mm or so different between settings. Also making a distance run helps. I do not have a TKC 80 on anymore but when you slap a new tire on, if you wish to re-run a known distance and watch a GPS unit with tenths displayed and using the 2140 number, we can use math to figure how off the number might be. I'm curious to see if slippage from gravel when I set it affected it greatly. If you can, roll the worn tire out now in mm and note tread depth. Then, note tread depth with the new tire and we can estimate how much wearing from new to old may affect speed accuracy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:59 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

Mine won't hold tire-size? I replaced the battery, still hundreds of miles an hour at 20...Everything else works. temp.tach.clock ect. But the mystery for me is why it has two mag-bolts?? I took one out just to see. Made no difference.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:30 pm 
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

ridepate wrote:
Mine won't hold tire-size? I replaced the battery, still hundreds of miles an hour at 20...Everything else works. temp.tach.clock ect. But the mystery for me is why it has two mag-bolts?? I took one out just to see. Made no difference.

You have two mag bolts in your package? I doubt both are meant to be installed. You may have gotten an extra and I would immediately uninstall the second if you have it installed.

Go through programming steps above and check if the tire size you originally inputted remains. If it does and you had the second bolt installed, there is your problem. A single bolt would measure rotation of the whole tire. Two bolts would be measuring two fractions of tire rotation but apply the whole tire distance to each mag bolt pass of the sensor, resulting in your retardedly high indicated speeds. I would imagine your odometer or trip meter also show ridiculous distances traveled as well.