www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:47 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:18 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Kroeger wrote:
i'm planning on getting the wolfman tail bag, only thing that im worried about is i want the b+b rear rack, and i'm not sure if ill be able to mount that pack on it with its size. anyone running that setup? photos? thanks in advance

Tried to find a pic of a "B+B rack" or what it stands for. . .couldn't . .but .
I would think that any rear rack can have some sort of (wider) platform base installed to allow a secure fitment of an upper bag. I don't see any Wolfman rear bag so big that a rear rack couldn't secure a platform base. Heck, ER70's bag shown doesn't even have a rack beneath it. The biggest concern, like he mentions, is preventing things from bouncing around. "Tight is right" . :2_thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:37 pm 
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

I am using a 20l dry boat bag I picked up from Walmart for $18. I strap it down to a Yuma tail rack with rok straps.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:20 pm 
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

ER70S-2 wrote:
I've been very happy with my Cortech tailbag, no rack, strapped down with ROK Straps. I strongly recommend anyone running a tailbag to strap everything in it down tight like the straps are doing here. If you don't the contents will rattle themselves and the bag into bits. If you have a hard tail case, fill it with old towels for padding. Anything left to rattle around will self destruct.

Cortech doesn't make this bag anymore but there is at least one copy being made.

I think I saw Cortech bags on Revzilla

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:37 pm 
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Locknut wrote:
Kroeger wrote:
i'm planning on getting the wolfman tail bag, only thing that im worried about is i want the b+b rear rack, and i'm not sure if ill be able to mount that pack on it with its size. anyone running that setup? photos? thanks in advance

Tried to find a pic of a "B+B rack" or what it stands for. . .couldn't . .but .
I would think that any rear rack can have some sort of (wider) platform base installed to allow a secure fitment of an upper bag. I don't see any Wolfman rear bag so big that a rear rack couldn't secure a platform base. Heck, ER70's bag shown doesn't even have a rack beneath it. The biggest concern, like he mentions, is preventing things from bouncing around. "Tight is right" . :2_thumbsup:

If you are thinking of the M303 Wolfman tail bag I think the b&b rack on its own may be too skinny. And the bag will prolly curl around it when you strap it down. As it's quite skinny rack, not much wider than the rear fender and curved on the sides I think off the top of my head. That's why they have the wide plate attachment.
Dreaded Rebel chimed in earlier as he has the WM tail bag but on a Procycle rack. He could probably provide better advice.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:31 am 
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

My tail bag arrived today. It's good quality and the size as I expected.
Comes with 4 clip straps which are super long and can be trimmed down.
The rain cover over the zip is stiff and will take getting used to. It's a great size for my PMB rack, test fitted it but not finalised. Might even run it on my Yamaha sometimes.

Attachments:
IMG_2881.JPG
IMG_2881.JPG [ 751.14 KiB | Viewed 206 times ]
IMG_2882.JPG
IMG_2882.JPG [ 216.44 KiB | Viewed 206 times ]
IMG_2880.JPG
IMG_2880.JPG [ 816.98 KiB | Viewed 206 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:05 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

I have this MotoCentric Sport Tailbag (very similar to the Cortech one):

Currently on closeout for $33, can't beat it for that price:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/28 ... t-tail-bag

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:48 pm 
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

BillMoore wrote:
I have this MotoCentric Sport Tailbag (very similar to the Cortech one):

Currently on closeout for $33, can't beat it for that price:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/28 ... t-tail-bag

wow. How's the quality? I may pick one up after work today. For $33, that's great!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:55 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

Busted Knuckles wrote:
wow. How's the quality? I may pick one up after work today. For $33, that's great!

We have two of them, and both are holding up really well. They are not waterproof, but they come with a waterproof cover that works and is pretty easy to put on them. One of ours had a little bit of stitching coming loose on one of the inside pockets, but no effect on usability. We've had them for a while and have gone back and forth between them and Pelican 1450 cases, but recently we've decided to permanently switch back to these since when expanded they can hold so much more than the Pelican case. Often we start out a ride needing extra layers, and then have to shed some layers as the day warms up, and were always running out of room in the Pelican cases. With these, you just unzip two zippers, and gain about 50% more room.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:06 am 
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Hm. I'm still flip flopping on it. I just have a cheapy Walmart waterproof rollie bag for a tail bag. I use one of those stretchy net bungee things to hold it. Been keeping my rain gear and warmer gloves in there. Works OK I guess. Just not as convenient as a zippered bag to quickly throw some stuff in. But, that's what my saddlebags are for I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:00 am 
Member Servant
Member Servant

I'm using the exact same setup as willtill..... Oigo expandable tail pack with PMB rack. Plenty of space for me considering I'm no adventure tourer. I also use a Moose front number plate bag. Gives me all the storage I need for wallet, gloves, glasses and devices. :good:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next