www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:19 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ProCycle lowered pegs
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:15 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

I've been riding on a set of ProCycle's lowered pegs installed for a week now. This is the basic set with the YZ type platform, not Pivot Pegs. Had lowering plates with stock pegs mounted on a previous bike, which had the drawbacks of retaining the flex factor of stock pegs and protruding below the frame and bashplate. The ProCycle pegs are vastly superior. The lack of rubber mounting dampers adds a degree of precision to manoeuvring the bike that was just too cushy with the stock pegs. It's far easier to place the bike and guide it exactly where you want it to go using peg pressure now, both on road and off. The C of G feels lower while standing and leg position is improved while seated (less knee bend), making the transition to standing quicker and easier. The ProCycle pegs also have a much greater surface area, which makes them more comfortable to stand on, spreading the contact area out a bit more on the sole of your boots.

They feel slightly lighter and install was straightforward just using a Dremel to trim the lower end of the threaded brake rod. A tip here is to draw a marker line on the outer surface of the clevis pin aligned with the hole for the cotter pin on the inner part to aid in replacing the small cotter pin "blind". I didn't need to use the longer brake switch spring supplied with the pegs but I do run the brake pedal a little higher than the peg. There is some adjustment using the lock nut on the brake switch bracket to lower the whole switch but I'll probably change the switch itself to a hydraulic one at my first fluid change (less clutter).

The only drawback I can see is a slight rise in vibration felt through my feet but this is more than compensated for with the extra control and feel provided.

Highly recommended for any active dual sport riding.

Edit: sorry mods...feel free to move this to product reviews!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:04 am 
MSF Student
MSF Student

Low pegs and tall seat = new bike :2_thumbsup:

05 model, ims 20 litre, ddc's, mojave, tm40, FMF Q4, b and b bashplate, rack, sprocket cover, cyclops led headlight, 2 x 18w led spotlights, low pegs, concept high, twin air, tourances, braided lines, pert near fuggin sorted.
'

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:04 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

snorton wrote:
Low pegs and tall seat = new bike :2_thumbsup:

...and raised bars.

'65 Honda CB160
'06 Honda CRF50F

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:14 am 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

Dan.. thanks for the review. I've been thinking about this for a while now. Couple questions:
1. your height/weight?
2. your % dirt/street
3. your suspension mods.

thanks. :drinks:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:29 am 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

After picking up a used pair for a super great deal I just installed the same on my bike Dan , and while I have only taken the bike for a quick ride around the block , I can't believe what a difference 1 3/4" makes !

I still have to trim the underside of the brake lever as I have the SW Motech centerstand installed , and lengthen the brake spring .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:16 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

You don't need to lengthen the brake spring, just turn the plastic nut in a few turns.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:26 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

I recently installed these lower mounts that move the pegs down 2" and back 1.3"

I'm 6'1" and wear a size 13 boot with the pegs moved back it makes a huge improvement to foot room and operating the shift lever both sitting an standing.

all I had to do to complete the install was lower the brake switch, and lower the brake lever position. I did not need to cut or trim anything. the shift leaver was just lowered as well.

leg room is dramatically improved and the bars are almost in the right position for me when standing but I will also raise them slightly soon.

using the stock pegs still but will swap them out for pivot pegs as I have used these in the past and found them to be great.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:20 am 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Thank you Max . Will do ...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:56 am 
MSF Student
MSF Student

Todd157k wrote:
Dan.. thanks for the review. I've been thinking about this for a while now. Couple questions:
1. your height/weight?
2. your % dirt/street
3. your suspension mods.

thanks. :drinks:

1. About 177 cm/ 90 kg fully kitted
2. A geniune 50/50%. Usually mixed rides with as much gravel, fire road and farm track as I can find
3. none yet but I plan on fitting Cogent DDCs soon and a rear shock upgrade next year.