www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 10:15 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please post a concise description of the product in the subject line so other members will have an easier time locating the info they seek. No Hijacking or off topic discussions will be allowed to keep the info short and to the point. All opinions are welcome from members having experience with the subject line product.

Post subject: Forma Adventure Boots
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:39 am 
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Hello, I wanted to give everyone a heads up on the Forma Adventure Enduro Boots. I've had these boots for about eight months. I didn't want to chime in until I wore them awhile and really put them through there passes. I have had alot of different boots in my 38 years of on and off road riding , but these have to be my favorite by far. I have a wide size 13 foot.The Forma Adventure Boots fit me perfect. They are very waterproof.No leaks so far ,and I've been in some sticky wet situations. You can wear them all day . They are very comfortable to walk in and ride. They are stiff,but not to stiff like motorcross boots.The sole of the boot is nice for standing all day,and I have the factory pegs on my DR.The leather is top quality. The buckles lock securely and haven't had a problem with any broken parts. I have the black color, but they also come in Brown. I would highly recommend these boots to anyone looking for a comfortable,waterproof enduro or duel sport riding boot.
Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:38 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Ditto on your comments. Sz. 11 wide, fit well, comfortable and look great in the oiled brown! The only pan I give them is the supplied insole is ultra cheap. I invested in some nice insoles and now foot nirvana... BTW, I got them from Motostorm.com for a bit over $200 delivered.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:35 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

I'm also going with a ditto for a medium duty boot. I have Gaerne SG-10's for the heavy work but the Forma's get the nod for backroads, two track and dirt roads. Heavy stuff meaning nasty rocky break your foot if you hit something stuff.

Granted, the street is harder than dirt and one can get injured anywhere, but the Forma is a comfortable walking boot as mentioned, waterproof and even see Road Kouch duty!

2007 WR450

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:55 am 
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Great boots !
I also highly recommend them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:25 am 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Had mine for 3 years now, still comfortable and still waterproof.

'03 DR-X650: Continental TKC80 Front, Shinko 244 rear; 14 tooth front sprocket; BarkBusters; Procycle case armor; Warp9 skid plate, shifter, and clutch lever; Sargent low seat with Sit & Fly cover; Acerbis tank; Renthal CR high bars; RMZ forks; Buell headlight mod, future KX450F rear shock.

'15 GSX-S750

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:30 am 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

+1 to the OPs verdict.

I have the brown version of these as my first set of boots and absolutely love em! So comfy, you could definitely wear them all day (done up) just walking around if you wanted.

Had them for nearly a year now, great quality with the only negative being as someone else pointed out, the cheap insoles. I have to push mine back in every time I take them off but otherwise no issues whatsoever.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:42 am 

I recently got the "Low" version of the Forma Adventure Boot. To me they seem so be a better option for someone who likes to hike when off the bike. They still have the same level of waterproofing - up to the second buckle - as the regular height boot. I've only tried them on since my riding season is over here however they are very comfortable right out of the box. Looking forward to wearing them next year.

2007 DR650SE - Acerbis 5.3 gal tank, Acerbis X-Factor Handguards, Seat Concepts Commuter Seat, Manracks Outback Rear Rack, DirtRacks Heavy Duty Side Racks, FMF Q4 & Hi-Flo Header, Pro Taper CR High Bars, Parabellum Windscreen, Oxford Heated Grips, Procycle Jet Kit, Acerbis Skid Plate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:40 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

aph851 wrote:
I recently got the "Low" version of the Forma Adventure Boot. To me they seem so be a better option for someone who likes to hike when off the bike. They still have the same level of waterproofing - up to the second buckle - as the regular height boot. I've only tried them on since my riding season is over here however they are very comfortable right out of the box. Looking forward to wearing them next year.

Had my tall ones for about a year now and I'm certain I could do a full days hike through high country in them they are still that comfy. The lows would be even more suited for such dual use.

- Craig

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:24 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

I bought the Forma Terra boots in brown last July 2015, and have used them for about 12,000km since of mostly outback adventure and mountain trail riding with the obligatory bitumen transports.
Very similar in construction to the Adventure boots, except for a full welted sole as opposed to a moulded sole.

I fitted the supplied metal toe protectors.

I preferred the flatter aspect and durability of the welted sole. The moulded sole is arched up in the prime foot peg interface area and I was concerned I wouldn't be able to move my feet on the pegs as easily as I'm use to with MX boots.
Not to be, as the aggressive anti slip walking sole still slows down movement of my feet on the pegs.
Also the extra toe height made gear shifts difficult, compared to the slimmer profile of MX boots. Pivot Pegz solved that issue easily.

Water Proof. You can stand in water and keep your dry feet, so long as water height doesn't rise above height of internal gusset flap. Haven't had wet feet yet from water crossings.
Will be interested to see for how long the waterproofing of internal gusset flap lasts. My old Gaerne MX boots were similarly water proof till the synthetic coating of gusset flap deteriorated.

Not as comfortably for walking as my MX boots, due to the robust construction not allowing as much ankle articulation. Tread pattern gives good grip on muddy surfaces when walking. Not like MX boots where it can be almost impossible to get grip when walking or pushing a bike in the wet.

Would I buy them again. Yes.
Three months ago I parked the fully laden (+200kg) DR on my left ankle climbing out of a snotty creek crossing and was grateful for the extra protection of the Forma boots.
Still a bit of recovery happening, so I tried stubbing my right foot into the ground last weekend to catch a front end washout. Hurt heaps but I reckon I wont lose the toe nail :biggrin:

Edit:
Had a look today and the old familiar blue line is creeping up from the toe nail base.
And there I was getting use to seeing my feet with both big toe nails intact.
Lost both big toe nails last year on Birdsville trip.
For many years having all toe nails was a rarity. What with getting studded on the Rugby paddock, stubbing a toe on the tatami or whacking them MXing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:57 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

I love my Formas, best all round boot :2_thumbsup:

05 model, ims 20 litre, ddc's, mojave, tm40, FMF Q4, b and b bashplate, rack, sprocket cover, cyclops led headlight, 2 x 18w led spotlights, low pegs, concept high, twin air, tourances, braided lines, pert near fuggin sorted.
'