www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 11:20 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:44 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

DR Grifter wrote:
LostInPA wrote:
Anyone riding with a one piece textile suit?
Was just browsing around and saw these two from Olympia. One is a fall winter waterproof and the other is mesh. Looked pretty cool feature wise and compared to jacket and pants the price is nice. What are some pros and cons of a one piece textile?
Odyssey Suit
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/olym ... piece-suit
Avenger Mesh
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/olym ... -mesh-suit
This First Gear Insulated one might be good in winter.
http://www.revzilla.com/product/firstge ... piece-suit

Why do you think you need or want a One Piece suit? Some of the good and bad have been pointed out here. Once you get used to a One Piece, you can get in and out of it in usually under 30 seconds. (this true with Aerostich anyway)

But don't discount other brands ... some good stuff I'm sure. Really depends what sort of riding you're doing, the weather considerations and will you be using it everyday or once in a while. Aerostich have the best rep but they've had problems with their suits for years but still a GREAT SUIT over all that comes with BY FAR the best armor/pads in the industry. Great zippers make entry/exit fast/easy.

A one piece is good in Winter, less so in HOT Summer riding. But it can be done if you know how. In the pic below are the fasted and most experienced ADV riders I know. Combined about 2,000 years experience. Notice what they are ALL wearing.

I thought a one piece would be good in the cold, for street hauls, and when going camping. I could have on shorts and shirt underneath and when I get to camp just zip out and throw on some man sandals. :biggrin:

I like the idea of this. But I've never tried it. Maybe I can get a cheap work coverall and throw on over my jacket and pants and take a ride to simulate it a bit. Lol. That's dorky as hell I know.

DR650
DRZ400
2 Sons, 1 Labrador, 1 Cat

Scoreboard:

Concussions: 1
Broken Bones: 5
Plates: 1
Screws: 8

Giggles a plenty...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:46 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

PerazziMx14 wrote:
Ace! wrote:
I also have a Roadcrafter. It is heavy, but offers great protection.

A one-piece will offer better protection than a two-piece. It will be heavier, hotter and offer better protection against the elements. Sizing is less forgiving than a two-piece.

I would make sure the "armor" is quality armor in any suit I bought. You don't want to pay hundreds of dollars for the one-piece to find that the armor is where they saved the most money. Also, Roadcrafters are NICE. You might look at them, maybe find a "2nd" or used one. Seems people buy one piece Roadcrafters and find out they are too much for their kind of riding, then they sell them used for a considerable savings to the buyer.

I am sold on Aerostich. A buddy of mine who just passed his 6,000th consectuitive day of riding 10 miles or more and has well over a million miles on motorcycles wears and swears by Aerostich. His Aerostich see lots of everything mother nature can throw at it and lasts for a decade or more with extreamly heavy use. Another plus is most of the Aerostich stuff is made in the good ole' USA :2_thumbsup:

While its spendy up front but it will last (unless you slide it down the road) for decades under normal useage.

Yeah if you divide the price by ten years it's peanuts for the long term value. :2_thumbsup:

DR650
DRZ400
2 Sons, 1 Labrador, 1 Cat

Scoreboard:

Concussions: 1
Broken Bones: 5
Plates: 1
Screws: 8

Giggles a plenty...