www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:46 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:22 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Your version is a LOT less spendy!

2 nuts, 2 wheels, 2 beers...
OK, so what's the speed of dark?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:29 am 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

how well would this fit over armor?

or they should integrate armor in it. Also, its need a axe holder on the back too for the zombie apocalypse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:52 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

PerazziMx14 wrote:
Why would you want to subject yourself to the ridicule from your riding buddies :s_dunno

I ride a DR650 with dirt bike guys. I am always the subject of ridicule anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:53 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

3shot wrote:

or they should integrate armor in it. Also, its need a axe holder on the back too for the zombie apocalypse

The one I made from the Condor Mesh Hydration vest will fit. The Klim has the same adjustments. Three adjustable buckle straps on each side, three on your front. You'd have to be like 400 pounds to not fit it over you and your stuff. There is a ton of adjustment room.

I found personally that wearing it over a jacket with armor underneath or with the armor in the jacket was fine. When I tried it with a Leatt 4.5 chest protector over the jacket and the vest on top I didn't like it so much. Just a lot of things moving around with each other. But I didn't try it with vest, chest protector, jersey. That might be alright. Less bulk.

If I stripped my vest down to just the hydration bladder and big pouch I put on the back it was no problem.

I think the whole thing with it is don't put too much crap on it. My original layout has a bunch of pouches and it's better more stripped down. With less stuff on the front. I still think it is way more comfy than a hydration backpack. Especially if you don't pack rat it like I do.

In the hydro pouch on the back you could trim and fit a D30 back insert if you want.

DR650
DRZ400
2 Sons, 1 Labrador, 1 Cat

Scoreboard:

Concussions: 1
Broken Bones: 5
Plates: 1
Screws: 8

Giggles a plenty...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:18 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

LostInPA wrote:
3shot wrote:

The one I made from the Condor Mesh Hydration vest will fit. The Klim has the same adjustments. Three adjustable buckle straps on each side, three on your front. You'd have to be like 400 pounds to not fit it over you and your stuff. There is a ton of adjustment room.

I found personally that wearing it over a jacket with armor underneath or with the armor in the jacket was fine. When I tried it with a Leatt 4.5 chest protector over the jacket and the vest on top I didn't like it so much. Just a lot of things moving around with each other. But I didn't try it with vest, chest protector, jersey. That might be alright. Less bulk.

If I stripped my vest down to just the hydration bladder and big pouch I put on the back it was no problem.

I think the whole thing with it is don't put too much crap on it. My original layout has a bunch of pouches and it's better more stripped down. With less stuff on the front. I still think it is way more comfy than a hydration backpack. Especially if you don't pack rat it like I do.

In the hydro pouch on the back you could trim and fit a D30 back insert if you want.

i think you should start a business..clearly klim doesnt understand your vision