www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:59 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:27 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:56 pm 
Member Servant
Member Servant

jollyroger wrote:
My mouse now wheelies in the first 3 buttons!

:CSpit:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:04 pm 
Member Servant
Member Servant

Max Kool wrote:
While we're at it, could you use any donations on running this site Rob?

Nah, thanks for the offer though. :notworthy: I put the daily time in on this site willingly for the DR650 community. Money is not a motivator (or issue). Bunch of good people here... :2_thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:06 pm 
Member Servant
Member Servant

ProCycle wrote:
:bumps: SIXTH GEAR :bumps:

We wish?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:34 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Site works the same for me here, but at the end of an ADSL connection in the bush, weakest link is this end.

As an aside, last year I was approached to lease a patch of my land to the NBN, National Broadband Network. I agreed, and they built a nice 42.5 m high tower 200 m behind my house that delivers high speed wireless up to 5 kms away, and especially the village down in the valley about 2 kms away, in the opposite direction to where our house is.

No antenna this way, and we can't connect, go figure :scratch:

If I make a big enough noise it'll probably happen, but its ticked the politician's box, so what else did they need to do?

In the meantime a couple of us are hoping to get Nova building a wide ratio 'tough' DR box. Early days, but might be available by the end of the year. Taller 3rd, 4th, evenly spread out, to a 10% taller 5th. Not a 6spd, but should work OK, and hopefully alleviate the weak boxes. Might even cause me to get a 790.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:53 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Jeez BergDonk, you were gracious enough to lease them a patch of your land to put a tower on and they didn't even make sure devices on your property could connect? I'd be making noise about that. Actually, I would've had it written into the lease contract.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:03 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

Kernel wrote:
Jeez BergDonk, you were gracious enough to lease them a patch of your land to put a tower on and they didn't even make sure devices on your property could connect? I'd be making noise about that. Actually, I would've had it written into the lease contract.

+1 on that.

BST Magic, 2" hole in airbox, snorkle removed, drilled 2x 3mm slide, 20mm tapered needle, white D spacer "off shelf" 3rd clip down, #155 Mikuni main and #45 pilot jet. Spring cut to 100mm, air screw 2 turns out

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:30 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I sort of did, sort of. Thing is, I'm not desperate for it. The ADSL is good enough for what I use the net for, and neighbours who have hooked up reckon its hardly any different anyway. FTP or don't bother I think. There is a whole lot of other sh*t been going on in the background too, with mobile phone blackspot funding, existing FTN that has been bypassed etc. Lots of our $s wasted to address political agendas. I'm also secretary of our community association and have done some survey work to assist Telstra to make the right decision. Lots of sh*t, not worth repeating here, but some here FWIW; http://numeralla.org.au/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:08 am 
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

BergDonk wrote:
Site works the same for me here, but at the end of an ADSL connection in the bush, weakest link is this end.

As an aside, last year I was approached to lease a patch of my land to the NBN, National Broadband Network. I agreed, and they built a nice 42.5 m high tower 200 m behind my house that delivers high speed wireless up to 5 kms away, and especially the village down in the valley about 2 kms away, in the opposite direction to where our house is.

No antenna this way, and we can't connect, go figure :scratch:

If I make a big enough noise it'll probably happen, but its ticked the politician's box, so what else did they need to do?

In the meantime a couple of us are hoping to get Nova building a wide ratio 'tough' DR box. Early days, but might be available by the end of the year. Taller 3rd, 4th, evenly spread out, to a 10% taller 5th. Not a 6spd, but should work OK, and hopefully alleviate the weak boxes. Might even cause me to get a 790.

We also leased a mast site to NBN last year as a repeater station, but fortunately they changed their mind and put up a broadcast aerial. We were they first to sign up. A great improvement over the satellite we had been on. Its over 15Km of copper to the exchange so ADSL has never been a possibility.

Dan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:08 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

mxrob wrote:
After some of the server issues our board provider experienced over the last few weeks they have migrated (over the holiday weekend) to a new faster and higher memory server. I've noticed a big improvement in my admin functions that were boringly slow as of late. The whole site seems racier. :good:
Very good news! Making posts was iffy at times ... seems good now. :Roost: