www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:20 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DR350 Love?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:33 pm 

Hey everyone, I'm new here and sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

I'm on Max Suzuki, ThumperTalk, etc. but haven't found a real DR-specific forum so I was excited when I stumbled across drriders.com.. but now seems like the site revolves around DR650's specifically, just wondering why no DR350 love? Is this the wrong place to be as a DR350 owner? If not, ever thought of adapting the forums to suit 350/650 owners alike?

Thanks!
Gabe

Post subject: Re: DR350 Love?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:46 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Seeing as how Suzuki only had them for 10 years and hasn't sold a DR350 in 18 model years there isn't all that much DR350 action in the world any more.

The best place (and it isn't all that good) for DR350 chatter seems to be the Thumpertalk DR forum.

Don't get me wrong, I think they are great bikes and I had a lot of fun with mine.
They just have been on their way out for a LONG time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:11 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Might be an idea to get a clean example of one and keep it that way while they are cheap as they might be becoming rather valuable in the coming decades as collector's bikes. But who knows?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:41 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

There are several DR350 owners on this forum (including myself). So if you have questions, feel free to post them in the wild card section. Otherwise, the DR350 thread on advrider sees a lot of posts everyday and probably has the most knowledgeable members IMO.

'65 Honda CB160
'06 Honda CRF50F

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:39 pm 

RamMan4x4 - thanks!

I think there are still quite a few DR350 owners/lovers out there, with no really decent forum to call home. It's certainly an older model, but there are plenty of them on Craigslist in my area, usually at least 2-3 for sale at any given time. They're still kicking! Certainly not that rare around here.

ThumperTalk is not bad, but it's not dedicated to DR's in any way. At least they have a DR subforum, so that's at the top of the list.

Max Suzuki is good, but it's a "private forum" and none of the threads show up in Google, so it's practically dead.

ADVRider has a single thread for DR350 which is 1,000,000 pages long and completely unusable. Wish they would start a dedicated DR subforum.

Wherever I go, it seems the DR350 forums/threads are afterthoughts. But when you look at the volume of information, forum posts, threads, and still active riders, added up there is still a fairly big community.

Thanks for the replies, mainly I mention it as, well, I'M a DR rider!! Maybe some day an admin would consider a DR350 section on DR Owners, although maybe we've just been replaced by a new generation, lol :s_biggrin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:44 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

We still do a surprising number of suspension upgrades on the DR350. Sold mine years ago. How about the DR250s, those are kinda rare. I miss mine.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:46 am 
Member Servant
Member Servant

We are a dedicated DR650 site. As mentioned there are a number of members here that have DR350 machines so any questions would likely get a response. :good:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:54 pm 
DR650 Limits Tester

Tekime wrote:
RamMan4x4 - thanks!

I think there are still quite a few DR350 owners/lovers out there, with no really decent forum to call home. It's certainly an older model, but there are plenty of them on Craigslist in my area, usually at least 2-3 for sale at any given time. They're still kicking! Certainly not that rare around here.

ThumperTalk is not bad, but it's not dedicated to DR's in any way. At least they have a DR subforum, so that's at the top of the list.

Max Suzuki is good, but it's a "private forum" and none of the threads show up in Google, so it's practically dead.

ADVRider has a single thread for DR350 which is 1,000,000 pages long and completely unusable. Wish they would start a dedicated DR subforum.

Wherever I go, it seems the DR350 forums/threads are afterthoughts. But when you look at the volume of information, forum posts, threads, and still active riders, added up there is still a fairly big community.

Thanks for the replies, mainly I mention it as, well, I'M a DR rider!! Maybe some day an admin would consider a DR350 section on DR Owners, although maybe we've just been replaced by a new generation, lol :s_biggrin

couple things

i've got a 350, great little bike......dont know a hell of a lot about it but i do like it.

secondly, since you location is Maine take a look into this
topic16847.html

2006 DR650 Race Bike: FMF power bomb header, FMF power core 4, DDC and Race Tech springs, Cogent Mojave Pro Series, Ohllins spring, Pro taper bars, Clarke 3.7 tank, Seat Concepts seat, air box mod, Twin air filter, sumo fender, Acme Zoom panniers, off road gearing, Warp 9 Gold hubs and Black wheels, 320MM big brake kit, TM40 Carb, Mad Man Engineering built head, decked cylinder, engine assembled and tuned by VAR.

03 sprinter motobus
Donzi Z-25