www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:50 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: picture game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:34 am 
Offline
Member Servant
Member Servant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 9382
Location: Mackinaw City, MI, USA
chadly1 wrote:
Holy Smokes the game is alive again.

:clapping:

_________________
- mxrob -


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: picture game
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:01 pm 
Offline
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:29 am
Posts: 382
Location: South Conway NH
Someone revive this game. I couldn't even get close to an ice cream shop up here during the middle of tourist season. :s_thinking :diablo: :OMG:

_________________
Florida Cracker in Southern Maine
2011 DR 650.
upper chain roller,clutch,side stand switches=removed,Craftsman $10 tool box,$10 eBay tachometer,NSU mod,raised needle, de-snorkled, Scaggs Rack,Ricochet skid plate,homemade 6061 peg lowerers,14T c/s,Garmin 60csx GPS,Moose Handguards,DRZ 250 footpegs,ProCycle seat,mid-pipe,engine armor,DR250 taillight,GSXR600 muffler,ProTaper CR1 1/8 bars, Acerbis 5.3,Dunlop 606 rear, IRC TR-8 front, Countershaft seal retainer, carb mounted choke knob.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: picture game
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:25 pm 
Offline
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:20 am
Posts: 681
Location: Central Coast NSW Australia
OK
It's been fired up and started.

Your DR on a state border.

Image

... and a double points bonus for any NON Australian riders who can also name the town of where the photo was taken.

_________________
If I could buy methanol 2stroke scented air freshener, I'd buy it by the case.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: picture game
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:18 am 
Offline
Single Tracker
Single Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:07 pm
Posts: 211
Location: Elkhart, IN
methanol wrote:
... and a double points bonus for any NON Australian riders who can also name the town of where the photo was taken.
Cockburn!

That's a funny word...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: picture game
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:46 am 
Offline
Single Tracker
Single Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:22 pm
Posts: 166
Location: Brisbane
ok..
so because it's started again - and i haven't played before..
do i have to do a state border pic to start and then kick it off as requested..??
( if i've done it wrong just ignore.. - FP4 Austria just started so I'm a bit distracted.. )

if so here's a SA / WA border shot.

so to choose one
probably been done
your DR next to your tent

Edit.. Didn't read the rules properly..
Was waiting for qualifying to start..
Pic deleted..
Nothing to see here
Ignore the guy drinking Stiegl..


Last edited by Nogoodnamesleft on Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: picture game
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:43 am 
Offline
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:31 pm
Posts: 3619
Location: Central Florida, Where the clueless go to drive...
It needs to be a picture taken for the game not an old photo, the idea of the game is to ride and then take a picture to meet the challenge as in the rules, the date on this photo is April 1st 2016. Once the challenge is successfully met then you can place a new challenge, hopefully something fairly easy to achieve to keep the game moving along. Since I am 200 miles from the nearest state border I am standing by.

_________________
Dave
Spaced Coast, FL
2 nuts, 2 wheels, 2 beers...
OK, so what's the speed of dark?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: picture game
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:43 pm 
Offline
Single Tracker
Single Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:22 pm
Posts: 166
Location: Brisbane
Sandcrabdave wrote:
It needs to be a picture taken for the game not an old photo, the idea of the game is to ride and then take a picture to meet the challenge as in the rules, the date on this photo is April 1st 2016. Once the challenge is successfully met then you can place a new challenge, hopefully something fairly easy to achieve to keep the game moving along. Since I am 200 miles from the nearest state border I am standing by.



Cheers for that.
Makes sense now..
Post edited above.

I tend to only read half at the best of times..
Add some amber fluid and well..
I always end up appologising for somethin..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: picture game
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:18 pm 
Offline
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:20 am
Posts: 681
Location: Central Coast NSW Australia
bongodave wrote:
methanol wrote:
... and a double points bonus for any NON Australian riders who can also name the town of where the photo was taken.
Cockburn!

That's a funny word...


Well done for getting the name correct.
The politically correct, chardonnay sipping, soy decaf latte, basket weaving, yoga posturing & definitely non motorcycling crowd have been trying to rename the town Coburn.

The Australian Geographical Names Board still lists the town as Cockburn and so do most maps.
For many a long years past, adventurous travelers would pull up at this high speed blur of a locality for a humorous photo opportunity.
Now that most of the town's name signs have been sanitized hardly any one stops there anymore and the general store/fuel-stop where the photo was taken has closed down.

Interesting sidebar:
A lot of the original Mad Max movie highway scenes were shot just north of Cockburn at Silverton.

The last correct town name signage remaining.
Image

_________________
If I could buy methanol 2stroke scented air freshener, I'd buy it by the case.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: picture game
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:24 pm 
Offline
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:20 am
Posts: 681
Location: Central Coast NSW Australia
Nogoodnamesleft wrote:
Sandcrabdave wrote:
It needs to be a picture taken for the game not an old photo, the idea of the game is to ride and then take a picture to meet the challenge as in the rules, the date on this photo is April 1st 2016. Once the challenge is successfully met then you can place a new challenge, hopefully something fairly easy to achieve to keep the game moving along. Since I am 200 miles from the nearest state border I am standing by.



Cheers for that.
Makes sense now..
Post edited above.

I tend to only read half at the best of times..
Add some amber fluid and well..
I always end up appologising for somethin..


A free pass my banana bending friend and now go get this game rolling with a DR photo challenge entirely of your choice with no continuity required.
Just make it doable for our global members and try and avoid requirements of kangaroos, Holden cars and meat pies.

_________________
If I could buy methanol 2stroke scented air freshener, I'd buy it by the case.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: picture game
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:13 am 
Offline
Single Tracker
Single Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:22 pm
Posts: 166
Location: Brisbane
methanol wrote:
Nogoodnamesleft wrote:
Sandcrabdave wrote:
It needs to be a picture taken for the game not an old photo, the idea of the game is to ride and then take a picture to meet the challenge as in the rules, the date on this photo is April 1st 2016. Once the challenge is successfully met then you can place a new challenge, hopefully something fairly easy to achieve to keep the game moving along. Since I am 200 miles from the nearest state border I am standing by.



Cheers for that.
Makes sense now..
Post edited above.

I tend to only read half at the best of times..
Add some amber fluid and well..
I always end up appologising for somethin..


A free pass my banana bending friend and now go get this game rolling with a DR photo challenge entirely of your choice with no continuity required.
Just make it doable for our global members and try and avoid requirements of kangaroos, Holden cars and meat pies.


ok,
thanks for the redemption on my beer drinking faux pas.
much appreciated.
no kangaroos, no holden cars, no meat pies,
make it easy for those across the pond...
hmmm

ok
lets try this
your DR outside a bowling alley..
bonus points if it has a beer in the shot - can't get any easier for you guys over there than that, can it.??
(if you look close you'll see a stiegl on my dash - Austrian GP tonight and the reason for my ride today and mistake yesterday.)


and as side track
to see if my world just got real real small
methanol - from the pics of your bike - i generally remember DR's with big tanks and standard seats, that go on long trips..
those that deal with the stock seat amaze me..!!

i didn't bump into you and your mates a few times on the way to GP last year did I.
Think the first time was at Catalina Country Cub at Batemans Bay - a fine establishment that serves cold beer for those not familiar...
then various places along the way
I was on my DR with a guy on a DL,
I'd not long got it, but it's since been broken in with a solo lap of Aus earlier this year.
a MotoGP is on tonight and wondering if my world got real small as i may have bumped into you in cyberspace now..
DR's and GP's - making the world a smaller place..

Attachment:
IMG_20160814_134209644.jpg
IMG_20160814_134209644.jpg [ 195.72 KiB | Viewed 134 times ]


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



Forum hosting by ProphpBB | Software by phpBB | Report Abuse | Privacy