www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:58 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

What date works for you
July 16/17 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
July 23/24 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Aug 6/7 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Aug 13/14 25%  25%  [ 3 ]
Later in Aug 25%  25%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 12
Author Message
 Post subject: AOAA - Lets Do This!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:11 pm 
Offline
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:03 am
Posts: 911
Location: Central PA
Okay men,

A lot of people expressed interest in AOAA. Here's info:

About the riding area, rules and fees: one day pass for MC is $25, two day $35. You have to get your trail pass and sign a waiver. MC must have a riding partner. You can read all about it in the link.

I have checked their calendar of events and the only thing happening is a Jeep Jamboree July 28-30 so we would probably want to avoid that weekend.

Ride hours are 9-6 Saturday's and 9-5 Sunday.

http://www.aoaatrails.com

Here are various lodging options:

http://www.aoaatrails.com/directory/lodging.aspx

Here's a campground right by it:

http://www.earthdaycampground.com/

I can do any weekend July 16th through Aug 13th.

I can also do whatever after the weekend of Aug 20/21. [this weekend is the Michaux Dual Sport Ride http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/m ... a.1155460/ ]

Post back if interested and some dates that would work for you. If we get a cluster of dates I'm sure not opposed to going twice. :-)

I added a poll question with dates.

_________________
Professional American
Shinko 804/805s
Adventure Vest
DR650
DRZ400
2 Sons, 1 Labrador, 1 Cat

Scoreboard:

Concussions: 1
Broken Bones: 5
Plates: 1
Screws: 8

Giggles a plenty...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AOAA - Lets Do This!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:53 pm 
Offline
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:01 am
Posts: 826
Location: Asheville, NC
I would like to make this ride but I'm afraid it's just too far from home for me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AOAA - Lets Do This!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:29 pm 
Offline
MSF Student
MSF Student
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:31 am
Posts: 32
Location: Centre County, PA
I'm interested and free the weekends of 7/23, 7/30, and later in August/September. I will probably just ride on Saturday unless I can manage to get Friday off.

Since our campground was sold out last trip and some riders had to stay elsewhere, I wanted to throw this out there:
If I get a campsite and you can't for some reason (or just want to split the cost), I'm willing to share. I have a lot of space left over with my little 4'x6' tent and DR.

:bumps:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AOAA - Lets Do This!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:51 pm 
Offline
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:12 pm
Posts: 2284
Location: South Central PA
LostinPA

Are you riding in the Michaux dual sport?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AOAA - Lets Do This!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:56 pm 
Offline
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:27 pm
Posts: 1151
Location: FM-19
PerazziMx14 wrote:
LostinPA

Are you riding in the Michaux dual sport?

When is this?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AOAA - Lets Do This!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:43 pm 
Offline
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:03 am
Posts: 911
Location: Central PA
PerazziMx14 wrote:
LostinPA

Are you riding in the Michaux dual sport?



Yeah. Found out about it from Gerry, who was with us at Bald Eagle. Sounds fun. I'm going to DRZ it and see what happens. I got a cheapo camera to capture my crashes now. :-) I'm trying to get my friend from up this way to go on the dirt. Maybe he will sign up too. He has a GS650. Should be interesting. If not, I'll take him on Ridge Road or something down there. We can catch it from My Holly Springs and fart around some weekend.

The Michaux Dual Sport is Sunday Aug 21. 8:00 AMish start time.

Here's the info thread with flier: http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/m ... a.1155460/

_________________
Professional American
Shinko 804/805s
Adventure Vest
DR650
DRZ400
2 Sons, 1 Labrador, 1 Cat

Scoreboard:

Concussions: 1
Broken Bones: 5
Plates: 1
Screws: 8

Giggles a plenty...


Last edited by LostInPA on Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AOAA - Lets Do This!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:45 pm 
Offline
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:03 am
Posts: 911
Location: Central PA
nuke77 wrote:
I'm interested and free the weekends of 7/23, 7/30, and later in August/September. I will probably just ride on Saturday unless I can manage to get Friday off.

Since our campground was sold out last trip and some riders had to stay elsewhere, I wanted to throw this out there:
If I get a campsite and you can't for some reason (or just want to split the cost), I'm willing to share. I have a lot of space left over with my little 4'x6' tent and DR.

:bumps:



Yeah same here.

_________________
Professional American
Shinko 804/805s
Adventure Vest
DR650
DRZ400
2 Sons, 1 Labrador, 1 Cat

Scoreboard:

Concussions: 1
Broken Bones: 5
Plates: 1
Screws: 8

Giggles a plenty...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AOAA - Lets Do This!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:48 pm 
Offline
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:03 am
Posts: 911
Location: Central PA
N3YMY wrote:
PerazziMx14 wrote:
LostinPA

Are you riding in the Michaux dual sport?

When is this?



Sunday Aug 21

_________________
Professional American
Shinko 804/805s
Adventure Vest
DR650
DRZ400
2 Sons, 1 Labrador, 1 Cat

Scoreboard:

Concussions: 1
Broken Bones: 5
Plates: 1
Screws: 8

Giggles a plenty...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AOAA - Lets Do This!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:55 pm 
Offline
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:27 pm
Posts: 1151
Location: FM-19
My plans for August have firmed up.

I will be staying at Splash Magic Campground near Northumberland, PA 5-20Aug16.

I plan to ride AOAA 5-14Aug.

While SMC is not ideal for everyone, I have other motives that drive that selection for me.

Perhaps I'll see some of you there; if not, I'll post my ride report.

PM me or post here if I will see you (or perhaps your roost)... :good:

:Roost:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AOAA - Lets Do This!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:28 am 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:16 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Central New Jersey
LostInPA wrote:
Yeah. Found out about it from Gerry, who was with us at Bald Eagle. Sounds fun. I'm going to DRZ it and see what happens. I got a cheapo camera to capture my crashes now. :-) I'm trying to get my friend from up this way to go on the dirt. Maybe he will sign up too. He has a GS650. Should be interesting. If not, I'll take him on Ridge Road or something down there. We can catch it from My Holly Springs and fart around some weekend.

The Michaux Dual Sport is Sunday Aug 21. 8:00 AMish start time.

Here's the info thread with flier: http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/m ... a.1155460/


Thanks for posting this. I have printed out the waiver and my payment is now in the mail.

I sent you a PM on advrider as well.

N3YMY wrote:
My plans for August have firmed up.

I will be staying at Splash Magic Campground near Northumberland, PA 5-20Aug16.

I plan to ride AOAA 5-14Aug.

While SMC is not ideal for everyone, I have other motives that drive that selection for me.

Perhaps I'll see some of you there; if not, I'll post my ride report.

PM me or post here if I will see you (or perhaps your roost)... :good:

:Roost:


Wish I could make it. I have block training at work. They will hatch a kitten if I don't make it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



Forum hosting by ProphpBB | Software by phpBB | Report Abuse | Privacy