www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:54 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:12 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Hey Ram,

you may like this:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:47 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

That looks great! :good:

In the lower picture, it doesn't look painted but in the upper picture it does look painted...is that just oxidation on the metal over time and from the fire? How does it hold up to the weather?

'65 Honda CB160
'06 Honda CRF50F

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:44 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

RamMan4x4 wrote:
That looks great! :good:

In the lower picture, it doesn't look painted but in the upper picture it does look painted...is that just oxidation on the metal over time and from the fire? How does it hold up to the weather?

Hey Ram,

It's not painted for food reasons. But after 2 or 3 cooks its covered in soot and sausage grease. I hit the cook surface once a year with a wire wheel. No real rust but I live in the desert. For your area maybe a slather of cooking spray every 3 months?? Not really necessary but...

The upright post is SOLID bar stock driven down 3 ft.

Have a good weekend, Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:54 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

Went camping at Deception Pass State Park on Whidbey Island a few weeks ago, and this was one of our meals:

Yes, they were yummy...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:29 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

BillMoore wrote:
Went camping at Deception Pass State Park on Whidbey Island a few weeks ago, and this was one of our meals:

Yes, they were yummy...

Beautiful presentation. You nailed it.

Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:38 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Here's one from a few years ago. I took the LOW road but it was the best meal I had ever eaten if you get my drift. Ramen noodles and Bratwurst. And Rum :rolleyes: . Leadville, CO.

My riding partner uses a KLR. You can tell by viewing his tent area :s_yes .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:05 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

BillMoore wrote:

Yes, they were yummy...

Man, these look great....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:14 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Backup position for me is 2 minute noodles if nothing else is to be had, but I generally like to take sausages, bread to hold them in when eating, and spuds to cook in the campfire coals. We also have a thing we call "tin dog" locally. It's actually Irish stew in a can. A few tins of that, and a few tins of baked beans for variety. Cans of sardines and packets of crackers. If your motorcycle trip involves fishing, fish left whole, wrapped in wet newspaper and baked in the coals is brilliant.

On the boat, its whatever I catch. Squid, fish, razor fish is my favourite (actually a sort of clam - you eat the muscle that pulls the shell together), cockles, mussels, oysters, etc. Le rizze can be found, but I'm not keen on them.

Now for the heresy - I've never been able to stomach crustaceans. When my wife cooks prawns I sometimes have a taste to see if I've changed my mind.
Alas, after 55 years on the planet, I'm still forced to conclude that anything that wears its bones on the outside of its body (crabs, prawns, lobster, yabbies, etc) and crawls around on the floor is a cockroach and cannot be eaten.They make me feel a little queasy, so maybe I'm a little allergic.

Funnily enough, I love abalone, which are actually a marine snail, so they tell me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:51 am 
MSF Student
MSF Student

Cassoulet

If you ever find yourselves in France get a can of this stuff and some bread. Its a big 750g (1 1/2lb) can with a duck leg thats been cooked in it own fat, a spiced sausage, beans and a super rich sauce. As the can is big it sits on my trangia so I don't need to wash anything up. The taste is amazing!

When in other places, whatever the local suasages, bread and beer are is the primary choice along with some tomatos. Here was some with fresh chorizo in northern spain. I forced myself to save one for breakfast but some animal got in my tent while I was sleeping, dragged the roll out and ate the meat out of it!

Image[/URL]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:10 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Brenhden wrote:
Cassoulet

If you ever find yourselves in France get a can of this stuff and some bread. Its a big 750g (1 1/2lb) can with a duck leg thats been cooked in it own fat, a spiced sausage, beans and a super rich sauce. As the can is big it sits on my trangia so I don't need to wash anything up. The taste is amazing!

When in other places, whatever the local suasages, bread and beer are is the primary choice along with some tomatos. Here was some with fresh chorizo in northern spain. I forced myself to save one for breakfast but some animal got in my tent while I was sleeping, dragged the roll out and ate the meat out of it!

Image[/URL]

WOW. All that on a moto trip? I want to ride with you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next