www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 10:51 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:10 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

Hello,

I've noticed ever since I installed the Barkbusters there's been more vibration through the bars. When I bought them I was told because I was making the bars more solid that I wouldnt need to order the weights ..but I could after riding for awhile.

So I because I love to MacGyvering thing I decided to see if I use the stock ones I took of in the first place...and to save $70.00

It was quite simple I just used a drive to make the hole in the weight the same size as the bolt that hold the Barkbuster in place on the end of the handle bar, then I used a step drill to counter sink the new longer bolts I had lying around as the ones that came with the bar user are too short.

Worked like a charm and what a dramatic reduction in the vibrations..

The only small negative side is that from stock the bars are now about 1/2 wider..

Cheers
Gary

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 255.16 KiB | Viewed 269 times ]
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 249.63 KiB | Viewed 269 times ]
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 272.09 KiB | Viewed 269 times ]

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:13 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

This is one of those clever little things to stick in the back of my head. I could also see them acting as a bar slider giving that much more protect if (when?) you go down.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:18 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Dreaded Rebel wrote:
This is one of those clever little things to stick in the back of my head. I could also see them acting as a bar slider giving that much more protect if (when?) you go down.

They will also hang up on trees, rocks or whatever when trail riding and rip the bars out of your hands.

If you want to cut down on vibration fill the inside of the bars with silicone caulk and ditch the bar ends.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:18 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

PerazziMx14 wrote:
Dreaded Rebel wrote:

They will also hang up on trees, rocks or whatever when trail riding and rip the bars out of your hands.

If you want to cut down on vibration fill the inside of the bars with silicone caulk and ditch the bar ends.

Can't remember ever having to avoid rocks with my handle bars..guess they don't grow them as big here..wait for it...another negitive comment..