www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:41 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:42 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

DR_Rider wrote:
I replied: "No thanks...I'm Canadian....we can't have nice things!"

He chuckled.

You can, it's just a pain in the butt. After our next election, we may not be able to either.

PerazziMx14 wrote:
Possessing a shotgun barrel with a length of less than 18-1/2 inches is a federal offense.

The NFA considers an SBS as a shotgun with a barrel shorter than 18". The extra 1/2" is just there in case the ATF's rulers are running a bit short. Possessing one without the proper tax stamp is a federal offense.

The guy's Canadian. From my research, they can have short barrel shotguns, but they're considered "restricted", which means you have to jump through a few more hoops to get them.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:45 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

Pardon me for my ignorance, but to me a churro and chimichanga are food. Is there some DR slang I'm missing?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:51 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

Picard wrote:
DR_Rider wrote:

He chuckled.

You can, it's just a pain in the butt. After our next election, we may not be able to either.

PerazziMx14 wrote:
Possessing a shotgun barrel with a length of less than 18-1/2 inches is a federal offense.

The NFA considers an SBS as a shotgun with a barrel shorter than 18". The extra 1/2" is just there in case the ATF's rulers are running a bit short. Possessing one without the proper tax stamp is a federal offense.

The guy's Canadian. From my research, they can have short barrel shotguns, but they're considered "restricted", which means you have to jump through a few more hoops to get them.

Damn! And, just when I thought I had an answer for him.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:15 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Picard wrote:
DR_Rider wrote:

He chuckled.

PerazziMx14 wrote:

Yes the masses are restricted to certain things and class 3 holders can have lots of nice toys like full auto and silencers. This all cost money and more importantly the "man" can walk through your front door anytime and search through your property without a warrant or probable cause. For every ebb there is a flow.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:16 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Picard wrote:
DR_Rider wrote:

He chuckled.

PerazziMx14 wrote:

Yes the masses are restricted to certain things and class 3 holders can have lots of nice toys like full auto and silencers. This all cost money and more importantly the "man" can walk through your front door anytime and search through your property without a warrant or probable cause. For every ebb there is a flow.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:24 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

Yes, that is the curse of the class three license. I looked into once and decided that the waiving of my rights was too much. Though, at a machine gun shoot in SE New Hampshire, I did have the opportunity to blast a refrigerator at 600 yds. with a 40mm bofors mounted on a M3 whitehall half track.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:30 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

100ft of 550 paracord...serves many purposes, but I've never needed it.

For those of you/us wanting to pack a shotgun, take a look at the Tarus Judge or S&W Govenor pistols...shoots a 410 round or 45 long colt.

'65 Honda CB160
'06 Honda CRF50F

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:32 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

RamMan4x4 wrote:
100ft of 550 paracord...serves many purposes, but I've never needed it.

For those of you/us wanting to pack a shotgun, take a look at the Tarus Judge or S&W Govenor pistols...shoots a 410 round or 45 long colt.

410's are for chicks. 2 gauge punt guns are what separated the wheat from the chaff.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 11:36 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

DR_Rider wrote:
Dreaded Rebel wrote:
And I chuckled at reading your post.

But - hey - aren't you allowed a shotgun?

Shotguns don't pack well.... :lol:

Depends. This Serbu Super Shorty does. If you don't mind the hassle of the federal tax stamp process. It's classed as AOW, any other weapon, which depending on your state's freedom level could be a problem with state law even if you're good at federal level.

But it's not super practical other than fun factor in my book. A 590 or 870 with either pistol grip, collapsible, or fold over stock is the ticket.

http://serbu.com/supershorty.html

DR650
DRZ400
2 Sons, 1 Labrador, 1 Cat

Scoreboard:

Concussions: 1
Broken Bones: 5
Plates: 1
Screws: 8

Giggles a plenty...

Last edited by LostInPA on Sat May 21, 2016 6:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 11:41 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Picard wrote:
DR_Rider wrote:

He chuckled.

PerazziMx14 wrote:

A funny thing about Canadian gun laws is they can get short barreled rifles with no problems and firearms that are banned or difficult to import here because of 922r. But they have goofy minimum barrel length restrictions on handguns. So you'll see Glock 26s with a bit o' extra barrel poking out the slide to meet the minimum.

DR650
DRZ400
2 Sons, 1 Labrador, 1 Cat

Scoreboard:

Concussions: 1
Broken Bones: 5
Plates: 1
Screws: 8

Giggles a plenty...